TDR-5S Nonchalance (2x LRM10+A, 2x LLas, 2x MG, TAG, XL280)

Thread in 'TDR-5S' started by Hydrocarbon, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Hydrocarbon

Hydrocarbon Junior Member

Initially created to help get the efficiencies for other variants, this mech actually works out quite well. I tossed this together literally with equipment I already had, and tried to make it work w/o ENDO. The quirks for the LL's and missiles help a lot. I'm a big fan of the TAG, and figured why not try some MG's as well.

Here's my second match with this thing, finishing a Timberwolf right after a Firestarter for the win:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
  2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Fixed the Smurfy link for you. Please refer to the FAQ section how to implement the mechlab pictures. You can also find a guide on how to name a build there.

------

About the build itself: the title says 2x LRM + A, but the build doesn't has Artemis. In addition to this, 3 tons of LRM ammo is too few considering a LRM10'as firing speed. You should probably go with just a single LRM 15 instead, saving weight. This makes the mech run cooler, which in turn allows to skip some DHS... and suddenly you've got enough space to add Endo Steel, which in turn allows to use a STD engine, resulting in a VERY improved life expectancy. VoĆ­la, a rebuild in the spirit of your original build, with added survivability and better heat management. I think investing in Endo is well worth it here.

I'd recommend on getting Artemis.

The Verge likes this.
  3. Hydrocarbon

Hydrocarbon Junior Member

I'm sure that's an option. However, the point was staying cheap. I also would never go below a 280 engine since this turd is so slow to begin with.

BTW I went to the FAQ and it says simply paste the smurfy link into the reply box. I'm referring to the FAQ that's linked at the bottom-right of the forum page, what FAQ are you referring to?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

You'll probably won't even notice the difference in speed between a 275 sized engine and a 280. Stying cheap is fair enough, but in doing so you have to expect comments regarding buils on a site dedicated to optimize mech builds.

About the FAQ: it not only says to simply copy-paste the plain link, but also to make sure it says https.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast