TDR-5S "Lazar Vomit" (3x LLas, STD300)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'TDR-5S' started by Hydrocarbon, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Hydrocarbon

Hydrocarbon Junior Member

I know it's terribly simple, but there isn't a build posted up yet. I was trying to figure out my IS 240-ton dropdeck, but couldn't really fit my STK-4N into it like my 250-ton deck (4N, 5SS, FB, FS9). And I love quirked LL's...

My first night in CW just after getting the Elite 2x efficiency, I was able to pull off this score with JUST my TRD-5S with a mix of brawling & sniping:

[​IMG]

The beauty is the simplicity. It's not that special in pug/group drops (still a solid performer), but in CW it can be quite effective. It's good up to ~1200m with modules, and can kill lights. I killed 3 and legged 3 more during a light rush from one of the foremost light rushing units. The STD300 gives you decent speed over a 4xLL build and you can load up on DHS's.

Yes, having all weapons in one torso can be a libility. But that's also an asset since you can use nearly your entire mech to shield damage. I usually die shortly after losing the left ST so I don't mind.

Edit: I redact my comment about not being that great in pug/group drops, just got this 1st pug match after posting...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    Aylek likes this.
  2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Nice one.

If you like LLas that much you should also take a look at the QKD-5K... Which I bought back during the weekend after realising it's quirks.

3. Napes339

Napes339 Active Member

Totally thought your comment was gonna be "If you like LLas that much maybe you should marry them..."

Otherwise, good straightforward build

4. Hydrocarbon

Hydrocarbon Junior Member

I was also thinking about the WVR-6K or KTO-20 mostly because I could take 3x 65-ton mechs in CW against clanners. Two QKD-5K's and two 65-ton mechs would also work, so I'll be thinking about it. The 5K looks viable with both 3x & 4x LL's. However I might not need any of them if they up the tonnage to 260. Thundergeddon!

I'm also going to try a 2xSRM4 build in this thing, since it is lacking in alpha DPS. I run SRM4's on my 4N with great success. This build is more of a sustained DPS build, which is great if you can survive well in CW.

B0ilz likes this.
  5. B0ilz

B0ilz Well-Known Member

I run this exact build on my KTO-20. Works damn well.

6. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

QKD 5K plays very nice with 3x LLas (torsos) + 2x MLas (arms).

7. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

5/5,
    I think it's the best build overall for the chassis, it's a tanky WVR-6K, 27 damage on an heavy mech seems low, but then you have 608m range, you can fire all day, and when the Right Torso is gone for shielding, the mech is still the same damage wise, and the cooling remains viable.

I go for more legs armor, as they are easy to hit.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  8. Butumali

Butumali New Member

5/5,
    I used this build although I removed a heat sink for extra armor for the same reason, to replace the STK-4N in my 240 Ton Drop deck and it was great, even with a 250 ton drop deck I'm thinking of running this.
    My tweaked version:

Video of my first match out with this loadout

Cpt Chattahah likes this.