TBT-5J Rave (1x LPLas, 1x LLas, 1x MPLas, 1x MLas, 1x SPLas, 2x JJ, XL320)

Thread in 'TBT-5J' started by Cpt Chattahah, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Essentially a jumping version of Jenner/Blackjack/Hunch laser light-shows. I initially thought of it purely as novelty, however, this thing can really rack up some damage! Group weapons by range and light 'em up! Use the speed and Jets to keep yourself mobile and out of sight, pop out, melt, repeat!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Please use the correct naming system. I have to log on daily and change your post subjects around, every single time.

3. Cpt Chattahah

Alright, I'll read though the naming post again. Sorry, Michael.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I don't have an XL320 but I guess I can swap the SPLS for a regular SLS (which is closer to MPLS duration anyway as far as i know) and fit in my XL325 to try the discobuilds again :)

Correction: apparently I don't have an XL325 that's not in my dragon, but I do have an XL300. Fitted an extra SRM4 with 1t of ammo for some extra fireworks besides the lazors, and the firepower is 42 which makes me happy. Gonna try it out shortly.

5. Cpt Chattahah

I totally expected a crap build that was a total spoof. However, when you group the ranges together, heat becomes easily manageable and the damage is pretty solid!

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Advanced Member

Not gonna lie, this thing kinda looked initially like crap on paper, but if you think about it, he can actually perform!

But on to the most important issue at hand:

Damnit Cpt.! you had ONE job!

7. Cpt Chattahah

LOL I'm not actually even sure what he's referring to. I'm assuming it must be "Highest Damaging Weapon First" However, I believe this thread was titled that way... Evidently not. Also, for example, I have been putting "2x PPC, 1x Gauss" because the combined firepower of two PPCs is higher than a Gauss. Apparently that was wrong. So I've been a thorn in Micheal's side, the man who already gives us so much of his time to give us such a great community. Sorry, Mason.

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

No apology necessary; if it is unclear I can go back and fix it. I will go back sometime this week and make that post more clear.

Gauss = 15 points damage
    PPC = 10 points damage

Even if it was a jump sniper it would go like "CTF-3D BlahBlahBlah (1x Gauss, 2x PPC, 1x JJ, STD295)"

This keeps the system uniform and easy to scan or search for specifics.

9. Cpt Chattahah

Okay! Got it, I was adding total damage of both weapons of the same type. Thank you, sir.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast