Casual TBT-5J "Every quirk you make..." (1xMRM40, 5xML, 1xJJ, XL295) + alt(LE250, XL280)

Thread in 'TBT-5J' started by CarloArmato, Sep 27, 2017.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

OLD POST:
    ... I'll be using them. The "Revenge of the Quirked New Tech".

Word of warning: theory-crafted without even owning the mech.

Should be used as a med range poker or for suppressive fire with the MRM40 barrage (and a fantastic -15% missile cooldown). It should be especially usefull versus heavies or assaults (since it's really tanky), but can pack a punch against mediums and defend itself from lights thanks to the arm mounted lasers.

This mech actually uses every quirk available and it's ML have nearly the same range as ERML (around 330) with less heat and better cooldown.

With both heatgen quirks for lasers and missiles, it should be cooler than it looks

Missile Cooldown− 15 %
    Missile Heat Generation− 5 %
    Std Laser Duration− 10 %
    Std Laser Heat Generation− 10 %
    Std Laser Range+ 20 %
    Base Structure (LA)+ 22
    Base Structure (LL)+ 12
    Base Structure (LT)+ 12
    Base Structure (RA)+ 22
    Base Structure (RL)+ 12
    Base Structure (RT)+ 12

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    P likes this.
  2. P

P Well-Known Member

i used almost the exact build when i first got me hand on the bucket after the new tech

3. CarloArmato

After some matches it is best used with an XL engine: most of the times you are going to die anyway due to the destruction of the CT (which has no quirks) so in the end it's better to have more speed and an additional DHS.

Also, there is little to no need for more than 2.5 tons of MRM ammo: with maxed skills you can fire the MRM40 22 times, which is enough even for the longest pug matches... Plus, no armor in the head is extremely risky, especially if you put some explosive ammo in it.

Renegademaster likes this.
  4. CarloArmato

If I were to rebuild it from scratch...

Excalibaard likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast