TBT-3C The Thug (2x SRM6+A, 4x MLas, XL300)

Thread in 'TBT-3C' started by Sardugh, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Sardugh

Sardugh New Member

Really great for close combat. Played the Thug now for 3 days und it acts very well, but u have to look careful at your Heat-Status.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Mythweaver

Mythweaver Advanced Member

Looks great! I may try this build out with a couple of changes...

There is no need for the CASE since you are sporting an XL Engine. CASE only prevents damage from migrating to other locations, the damage from an Ammo Crit will still destroy your Engine. (As I recently learned from other members on this forum.)

I will probably drop 1 Ton of Armor and use the weight from CASE and Armor to buy and arm AMS.

Thanks for the new Direction on my TBT-3C

Myth.

3. Sardugh

Sardugh New Member

Ok, thx. I wasn´t sure about the Case. i had the free weight so i thought i give it a try ...
    I also tried it with AMS but with the speed and maneuverability i saw no need for it. So i dropped it and (nearly) maxed armor ;)

4. Mythweaver

Looks good. Have fun.

Mythweaver.

5. Apnu

Apnu Active Member

If you are concerned about heat, take a page from the HBK-4SP's book. Drop the Artemus (at that range the tighter spread isn't going to help you much) and use the two free tons for two more double heat sinks. You still want to get rid of the CASE, its useless on a XL mech. Now if you had a standard engine, CASE would be a good fit. Dropping the CASE on your build would allow you to put in a XL 305 and squeeze a bit more speed out.

6. Mythweaver

I ended up putting an XL390 engine in it with SSRM's and Med. Lasers. Take a look if you get a chance.

Myth.

7. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Ditch the case, place your ammo else where (suggestion: HD, CT, LL, RL), shave a ton of armor and add AMS+ammo.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast