TBR-D "Perfectionist MK-2" (4xcSRM6+A, 6xcSPL, 2xJJ)
4/5,

5 ratings

Thread in 'Timber Wolf Omni Builds' started by Falconium, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Hey everyone, guess what? IT'S FINALLY HERE!

Yep, the D variant of the Timberwolf is finally available for C-Bills, which means I can now put together this upgraded version of my original "Perfectionist" build. The changes are small, but essentially, this build swaps a single SPL for an extra SRM6+A, providing a higher alpha as well as higher maximum and sustained DPS. This also changes the heat penalty values, as instead of a 2.4 penalty for firing the 7 cSPLasers, this updated version produces just 1.2 extra heat for firing all 4 cSRM6s. So overall, the benefit to heat and sustainability are pretty nice.

I will provide three different links, each with its own focus. The first carries a full 5 tons of ammo, whereas the second drops one ton in favor of a TC1; and with the third, you are able to keep all 5 tons of ammo, as well as the TC1, by dropping a DHS instead. Which design you choose to run is entirely up to your personal preference and discretion. :thumbsup:

(Ammo)

(TC1)

(Ammo + TC1 - DHS)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    Solahma likes this.
  2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Wow. Love it already. Reminds me I wanted to buy some of the 'new' omnimpods.

3. Exactly how I am running mine. I really like it.

4. That Dawg

That Dawg Well-Known Member

goodlord, forgot about the omnipods being ready

had to tweak it for me, those legs were frightfully skinny

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

4/5,
    Love this one.
    Oh, just remember I can vote for builds.
    Forgot that for some reason.

This is my build I was using, before moving into some PPC build:

Less dps but a bit more range.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  6. DIGENIS

DIGENIS New Member

5/5,
    Used it on a C variant Very Good

7. Thibideau Osis

Thibideau Osis Star Lord

5/5,
    Outstanding build

8. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

9. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I prefer it with an extra DHS over the 6th SPL, but overall a devastating build!

Falconium likes this.
  10. Rosinante

Rosinante Junior Member

dropped JJ in favour of one Heatsink and TC1

Edit:
    After the SPL nerf im missing the dmg, so going with MPL´s instead is the way i think
    Is it worth having TC1 with 3xMPL´s? otherwise i could go for another ton of Ammo
    New Build im Tinkering with

So before 5xSPL had 30 Pinpoint Alpha after the nerf only 20, if im going with 3 MPL´s i have 22,5 dmg, more Range so u can shoot ur MPL´s when you are at Max Range with Missiles.
    Would u prefer to play with the old Build instead? The DMG Gain is not rly high but i like the Range.
    Should i drop the half ton of Ammo, TC1 and add a full ton of SRM Ammo and upping the Armor in the legs?

or should i go with the Build from Enileph with 4 MPL´s so i would have the old 30 Pinpoint Alpha back

After playing around with the 3 Builds im now at this one:
    +Armor +Ammo -TC1 19DHS

with the Ammo Nodes in the Skilltree u have enough Ammo (720 SRM´s enough for 30 Salvo´s)
    and the Armor and Structure nodes make u a real Brawler Heat could be better but it´s fine sometimes u just have to retreat to cool down :)
    my Skilltree

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  11. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

3/5,
    This sadly took a huge hit from both the SPL nerf as well as the engine desync. It's still playable, but sadly not the beast it was back in the days.

12. After more artemis nerfing, I went to regular SRMs.

Excalibaard likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast