Casual TBR-D "Medium range skirmisher" (1xcUAC10, 4xcATM3, 3xcERML)

Thread in 'Timber Wolf Omni Builds' started by minnowz, Feb 9, 2021.

1. minnowz

minnowz New Member

<a href="">TBR-D</a>

Designed to Skirmish with the hostile team at ranges around 250-600 meters, has close range options and mild long range options too. Ideal for securing your teams flanks from light mechs, punish mechs running away from you with your ATMs

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Fun build!

Quad ATM3s make your side torsos a bit big, doesn't weigh up against the shorter firing duration of the salvo compared to a single ATM12 imho. You could do dual ATM6 as well if you'd like to get the middle of the road. If you shift things around a bit, you could run that with TBR-PRIME set-of-8 quirks :) I reduced the ATM ammo a bit, usually having about 25 salvos is enough (315 / 12 = 26.25 salvos, excluding ammo quirks)

3. If you like this playstyle, you may enjoy this:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  4. minnowz

minnowz New Member

I use quad Atms to save on weight and to split up the possible crits, seems to work out for me, I don't really see a issue with the profile issue with having atms 3 on both sides since it only adds a minor change to the upper bit to both sides while a ATM 12 would be more noticeable on one side (both has there trade offs, I prefer the minor change to both since people won't focus fire one side for the ATM destroy). I would however accept I could be overlooking something there. The set of 8 is a good idea thou.

I did replace some of the ATM ammo for a Active Probe later

<a href="">TBR-D</a>

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  5. minnowz

minnowz New Member

That build looks pretty good. but I made this for the Mad cat because I like the look/feel/sentimental value of the Mad cat, this is very much a case of the mech coming in before the build.

Remover of Obstacles likes this.