TBR-A CQB missile bracketer

Thread in 'Timber Wolf Omni Builds' started by Nickbev, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Nickbev

Nickbev New Member

Definitely not suited for extended operations (faction play), this variant relies on its speed to get and stay in optimum range to deal 121 damage alphas. Arms are the achilles heel of the build as all of the direct fire and ammunition are stored there. Due to this quirk, this is one of the mechs where proper torso twisting and shielding will hamper pilots; a more moderate twist to armor roll between the three torso sections is more optimal. Which is a good thing, as more than half the theoretical damage comes from lock-on weapons.

TBR-A build code: Ae4D=5I1|kBpn0lJ7|?C|TCqn0jJ7|?C|TCr0iD7|6S|6S|YR|kB|kBs05E7|6S|6S|n<2|YR|kB|kB|mRt_0nK7u_0oK7v<0hK7w302020

Skilltree laser + lockon survival: abf3fffddfe0db71eb6cfd3db7d000000000000000000003021c3a021201c[​IMG]

2. Nickbev

Nickbev New Member

If anyone can figure out how to mounts the ASRM6 in the ears and have the ATM12s on the torso body let me know! I tried doing it but couldn't figure out the positioning in the mechlab... perhaps it's locked to number of missiles per launcher.

3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Interesting build, I do enjoy comining the power of ATM12s with something to keep people outside of the 120m deadzone. I'm not sure, but I think if you mount missile launchers without artemis (like your cSRM6s) it disables the built in artemis spread reduction of your ATMs. The spread is also really intense. Maybe small pulses or heavy smalls would be better than SRMs? It also allows you to spend more tonnage on your ATM ammo!

Regarding mounting weapons:

Usually, the order in which you put weapons will determine the slot they fill. First weapon fills primary slot, second weapon fills secondary slot, etc. There's an exception with weapons that take up a large amount of slots. I think that's to cut down on the amount of different model designs. With 6-slot weapons like an LBX10, you could theoretically mount two of them, forcing that 6-slot weapon to be mounted in the second slot. Any weapons with more than 6 slots (ATM12) can only be mounted once per component, and therefore only need to be designed to fit in the primary (first) slot, and push the other weapons (SRM6) out.

ShooterMcGavin80 likes this.
  4. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

Not saying it couldn't work, but that originally posted build is super hot and possibly a little tricky to use. I'd recommend simplifying it a little bit, either focusing just on the ATM12's and ERSL's. And think about trying to work in jump jets. JJ's make deploying ATM's quite a bit easier:

(set of 8 build)

Or, with JJ's:

Or, SRM6A's and ERSL's with JJ's. JJ's are great for jump shooting a big blast of SRM's:

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast