STK-3F SRM Brawler Build (4x SRM6, 2x ERLLas, 2x MLas, 21 DHS, STD275)

Thread in 'STK-3F' started by Falconium, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

This is a build I came up with when randomly checking out different SRM builds on Stalkers. After putting 5 SRM6s on a 5M, I decided to try just four on the 3F, and that's when I came up with this. It differs from most other SRM-24 Stalkers in that it carries 2 ER-LLasers in place of the 4 Mediums which are commonly equipped. This enables you to effectively engage at long distances, although it further requires losing a considerable amount of speed. Still, the slow speed of this 'Mech has not been a problem for me, as it is essentially a mobile turret. All you have to do is get there, and then commence to blowing stuff up!

My first match ever with the build:
    [​IMG]

Mouse weapon groupings:
    1 - ERLLs
    2 - MLs
    3 - All 4 SRMs
    4 - SRMs in arms

Basically, remember to use the ERLLasers only while closing the distance with your target, and then use the SRMs and Medium Lasers for close sustained brawling. I generally alpha the SRMs, which gives a really nice 48 dmg punch. The heat penalty for all four is a mere 1.2 heat, which is relatively minimal. However, I do keep just the two in the arms on M4, mainly for the ability to reach higher than my torso will aim, which comes in handy alot on maps like Canyon Network. But it also helps when things get hot, as I can then alternate fire with just 2 SRM packs at a time.

This build totally obliterates stuff within 270 meters. :phear:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast