Spirit Bear 'Fight Club' (1xcLBX20, 4xcSRM6+A, 2xcSPL, cMASC, cXL400)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Spirit Bear' started by Aylek, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

As simple and straightforward for a brawling Spirit Bear as possible. Massive firepower from the torso mounts, speedy and agile thanks to MASC, strong cooling capacities and nearly maximum armor protection for a 100t mech. This thing is a juggernaut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Verge and Falconium like this.
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

5/5,
    One of the most fearsome CQC Builds for this Hero Mech! 5 Stars

I have a little different loadout, but the same core concept

3. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

I've never used MASC and I'm not likely to start now! :rolleyes:

My take on this BEAST: more Ammo, more DHS, same armor as OP. Just doesn't do whatever it is that MASC does.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

X5 in your link... ?

Sadly this build is a mere shadow of itself nowadays. You would have loved it during the times when I originally posted this @Falconium ! Since then not only the KDKs' mobility has been severly nerfed, but also the cSPLs as well as the MASC system.

It's a real pity. All of the Kodiaks suffered from the -3 being heavily OP for it's time. The nerf bat swung and my Spirit Bear is collecting dust despite being capable of pretty OKish long / mid range builds (2x ERLL, Gauss, 2x ATM6, 2x SSRM4).

5. Tank the Frank

Tank the Frank Benefactor

I don’t know about that. I still run my spirit bear with this loadout with a lot of success (I use the erml variant). It’s still the mech in my collection with the highest kd ratio. I just plow a lot of skill points into armour.

6. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

@Aylek :facepalm:

Thanks buddy. ;)

And yeah, I hear a lot of guys talk about how trash Kodiaks are now, compared to how they were on release. The meta doesn't exactly favor 270 meter brawling anymore. I still do enjoy the build, and as @Tank the Frank said, with maximum skill points into armor, this thing can take a solid beating. And with the LB20+SRM24 alpha, it still tears through 'Mechs super nice!

7. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

The big things that knocked the Kodiak down are the Marauder IIC and the Mad Cat II. Both have variants that can do LB40+SRM24 alpha, really taking the wind out of the Spirit Bear's sails. However, I'd argue the assertion that Kodiaks are now 'trash'. They're just not king of the hill anymore. I still find it pretty easy to have high damage in a KDK-3.

As for MASC, I don't think I've ever used it where it's optional. I'd much rather put that tonnage into a bigger engine that gives me a constant, reliable speed rather than the "sometimes" availability of even more speed with MASC.

Falconium likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast