Sparky Wubby (6x MPlas, 6x JJ, XL325)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'Sparky' started by Solahma, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Very short range. Utilize the short beam duration to torso twist during the weapon cooldown.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Not too different from your version. I'd advise max leg armor when using jumpjets though, as people will fire into your legs more often. I also swapped a few JJ for a DHS, because 6 is fun but not always useful for how I play.

Though, this completely invalidates the 6x MPL BJ-1X I likeplaying :X

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Sparky is basically a jump-capable Stormcrow. 6 cMPL work nicely on the Stormcrow.

I like your edits to the build, the make perfect sense. This weaponry loadout isn't as dependent on pop-tarting and jump-sniping, so it can easily lose 3 jump jets to make that happen.

Good suggestions Subject +1

4. POOTYTANGOSAUR

POOTYTANGOSAUR Well-Known Member

I was going to post this. But since I don't own it i figured I shouldn't post more than 1 build lol. I also knew you would think of it. Lastly, my build was with xl350 and less jjs, too lazy to smurfy link it. Sweet build tho.

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Gotta go fast, sanicball edition:

This is much sexier than the XL325, lose 3 DHS for 11 kph in a skirmisher build? yes please.

6. McMatt

McMatt Benefactor

5/5,
    I was searching for Sparky build that would suits me. And finally found this one (xl325. 3jj) Love it.

7. Trippton

Trippton Active Member

With the recent quirk changes, the 6x MPL version of sparky really shines and is a good short to medium range skirmisher. Extra structure has been added to the arms and legs.
    Energy Cooldown +5%, Energy Heat Generation -15%, and Laser Duration -15%
    XL325, 6x JJ, 7x DHS.

The 6x JJs really help with getting around especially since speed tweak took a slight hit, so use them to find cover and good vantage points to get off some alphas.

8. Thiak

Thiak Well-Known Member

this is my favorite here
    slightly different, faster with ams

9. Anthrax

Anthrax New Member

So after seeing this build, and NEVER having used the Griffin Sparky before (I got the masterpack for free with the 99USD MC purchase), I decided to try it out.
    7 matches. 2600 ish damage. 5W2L record in PUG. That's without even basic masteries on it (didn't upgrade the chassis at all for the first 7 matches. Even had a 569 damage game in there.

Aim for the CT - Twist like a mofo. Great build :)

10. Anthrax

Anthrax New Member

5/5,
    Re: My post in this thread

11. Mechdocdie

Mechdocdie New Member

Just bought the Sparky with the recent Black Friday sale and I am in love!

Borrowed the 340XL engine from my Battlemaster and found this neat fit. Good speed, manageable heat, solid armour and near max jumpiness. And you get a targeting computer for the extra range and crit chances. With this, first time out unskilled did over 500 DMG, 1 kill, 10 assists and had a ball. Not quite as tanky as my 3M but great fun!

It is a bit of a compromise to the 360XL "Sanic" build (which appeals as I love speed too) but now that torso twist is not linked to engine size anymore the 6kph difference is not that great - it's faster than an Urbie. This base build is also very flexible. Pull out a heat sink and/or the TC and/or a couple of jumpjets and you have the room and tonnage for a 2x (ER)LL + 4x (ER)ML build.

Solahma likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast