Sparky 'Energy Cannon' (2x PPC, 4x MLas, 4x JJ, XL300)
4.5/5,

4 ratings

Thread in 'Sparky' started by seabromd, Apr 22, 2015.

1. seabromd

seabromd New Member

I realise this is a direct variant of the ER version on here, but I'm posting it cause it works very well, and is the quirked verson.

I thought I would give a try to the new PPC quirk, and I have to say, I am very surprised. I've been happily using this as a jump, durable Hunchie.
    The PPCs are a nice steady cannon, that are reasonable to lead at it's optimal-mid range, with the mediums as a terrific backup. And the torso mounts mean the PPCs land where you can see, which is superb.

I'm really surprised at how cool this runs.

I've chosen to give up armor for the sake of bigger speed, but clearly you can make some concessions if that's not your thing.

Edit: Is it just me or does the guide on posting the proper Smurfy link give wrong instructions? I've put the link in as described, and still somehow get it wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
    anonymized1 likes this.
  2. Soy

Soy Min-Max Maniac

add "s" to http in the smurfy link and add it as media then it'll pop up right.

cool build

seabromd likes this.
  3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

You need to use the 'Plain Link' Smurfy's provides you when you want to share a loadout and change it to 'https'. Can't do it for you because I am on my phone right now, though. Give it another try!

I fixed the title for you according to the naming conventions in the FAQ. Please refer to them to avoid future measures from mods. ;-)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
    seabromd likes this.
  4. Riscy

Riscy Benefactor

5/5,
    I love this build as well. But I have modified the OP build because you should lose arms in the Sparky (they are great shields) and therefore I like to have the heatsinks in the torso. I drop a couple of JJ to give me almost full armor (I need it these days).

I have swapped out to SPL as well if I want to get rid of annoying lights.

5. Riscy

Riscy Benefactor

Some of the fun I've had with this build (and slight mods)

6. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

5/5,
    Front loaded damage dealers don't do much "damage" (farming) but if they hit, they kill or crush components. I find this version of the Sparky incredibly fun and efficient, and the video above is just genious!

7. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

Love this build... Slightly modified to suit my taste. This thing screams.

8. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

Best sparky build for me.

9. Trippton

Trippton Active Member

3/5,
    With the recent quirk changes, I struggled with this build a bit. You're better off using a combo of 2x LL/ERLLs and 4x MLs for ranged attacks or switching to the 6x MPL build. This is just my opinion and experience though.

seabromd likes this.
  10. seabromd

seabromd New Member

I agree with you Trippton. Since the quirk change I no longer use this build, which is a real shame because it was one of my favourites. I'm left using a fairly dull laser vomit on the chassis.

Riscy likes this.
  11. Trippton

Trippton Active Member

Yeah, I feel your pain. I've been using the original PPC build for months. I already have plenty of laser vomit mechs with the resistance 2 package haha. I guess we will just have to adapt. :)

seabromd and Riscy like this.
  12. Riscy

Riscy Benefactor

Same here, my absolute favourite mech doesn't feel the same with LPL, its still fun but I can't see why PPC velocity quirks need to be removed. It doesn't change TTK and just makes it a bit easier to aim. But anyway I have transitioned to 2xLPL and 4xSPL which is nice.

13. Grinder37

Grinder37 New Member

Be advised that the PPC quirk is gone as of 15 dec 2015.
    But still this is a viable build.

14. Trippton

Trippton Active Member

Actually, it's been gone since the start of December, as we've been discussing :p
    While it is still a viable build, it just lacks the punch it had before. there are some builds that utilize the new quirks more efficiently than the PPC build now.

15. Grinder37

Grinder37 New Member

I logged in and noticed that it was gone on monday.
    Quite a shame actually but is it just the projectile speed of a PPC which doesn't make it a lot less useful.
    BTW check out my tri large pulse laser build. I want to know what you guys think about it.
    GRF-1E "Lightning" (3x LPlas, 7x JJ, XL300)

16. Trippton

Trippton Active Member

Ahh okay, yeah the first week of December the new quirk overhaul patch was released. All mechs had everything tweaked and mech skills were also revised. Speed tweak lowered from 10% to 7.5% and so on.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast