Solo Challenge: Brokeback Pug: Why can't I quit you?

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Fherot, Dec 3, 2014.

1. That Dawg

That Dawg Well-Known Member

ELO is like a menopausal woman. One moment, sweet caring, thoughtful, next...vapid fevered drooling angry demon hell bent on making someone pay

CW-get stomped twice, three mechs doing 200 damage, one, my splat crow 80something..humiliated and angry drop into a pug where that same splatcrow pulled 4 kills an 800 damage and match score...excited now, rejuvenated, the build isn't stupid, back to CW, where...not only we get taunted while they beat us to death, my team is literally, and I'm quoting "exploring the map"

2. That Dawg

Challenge accepted.

I had an assault lance, that COMBINED did less than 100 damage!!!

Ran my prework pug match just a few minutes ago, and immeeeediatly noticed we were down 4 in minutes, in spite of my HBR superior electronic tech loadout. I gave 'em hell boys
    Its impossible to get assists..well, you know..if no one with a red triangle dies. And stuff.

[​IMG]

Sassafras likes this.
  3. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

This highlights one of my niggles with peoples use of ECM.... Why weren't you with the assaults giving them ECM cover? ;)

4. That Dawg

yes,yes, jolly well quite right.
    Point well taken, and quite sound advice good sir!
    The first to die, our dire, went headlong over the saddle, while I followed for a bit, it became rather apparent no amount of ecm would counter the laser beam light show dancing all around us!
    The last two in his lance retreated at my most urgent behest.
    Then, a new problem arose. My back cored before my front.
    And, as I initially retreated walking backwards firing, I wasn't able to explain the damage...till we were safely back on our side of the hill.
    A spider or something popped up for a moment and all hell was unleashed. Into me.
    They seemed to have forgotten to sight in their weapons at the range, back on home planet.
    Upon a repeat of this, I suggested they quit shooting me in their overzealous spray and pray firing technique, That missiles DO hurt, and they rarely go thru 20' of ice, 1200 meters is a tad beyond usable limits of that particular weapon system, and even to perhaps allow me a safer spot, well behind them.
    Even asked nice!
    Dear sir(s), while your enthusiasms are greatly appreciated, the repair crew in my mech bay on the drop ship, with regards, sends its utmost request to QUIT SHOOTING ME IN THE FUCKING BACK!1!!

5. Anassi

Anassi Benefactor

My best guess would be that all three of those guys are very new players. BNC-3M(C), DWF-B and HBR-PRIME are all currently trial mechs and they all suck balls (well, technically the Banshee is alright but you'll need a bit deeper understanding of the game mechanics if you don't want this thing to be a death trap). That, coupled with absolute inexperience might explain a lot.

6. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Why me?

[​IMG]

Sassafras likes this.
  7. SirBurntChicken

SirBurntChicken Well-Known Member

Holy crap that's bad! Did everyone bring troll builds?

8. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

Looks like one team was playing nascar, the other one not...

9. I was in an Urbie with 4x MG, 1x MPL, 1x LPL. I thought that was kind of trollish.

10. That Dawg

what the...NO one broke 500 damage on the winning team OR 250 damage on the losing team?

[​IMG]

11. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

As forgiving as I am wow glad I didn't have your team. :hungover:

12. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

This one had everything... people splitting up, getting murdered within 2 minutes in the game because of it, not staying in the ECM bubble, spreading the damage, ignoring UAVs, ignoring advise... and @Soy in the opp. team. Oh, and double DWF in comparison to AS7-K and a BLR. Grrrrreat.

13. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Only got a couple matches in today, but had a derpy one in the morning with a unitmate. I had set up my Oxide with 4 SRM2's (we're doing a "less-used weapon" type event in our unit) and only got 377 damage, and was feeling bad. Specced a guy who was obviously new in the trial Stormcrow, and he was having issues until he died.

Then the scoreboard hit...the new guy did 187 in that SCR. He was 4th on the team for damage. That should tell you how the rest of them looked...

14. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

[​IMG]

What can I say we were awful.

Mea Culpa it was my first trip out with the Mist Lynx and fuck that has no heat tolerance at all even with just 4 ERML so I died pathetically in a red haze shutdown .... but at least I got a kill with no xp on the chassis so can pretend I wasn't as bad as the others. ;)

That Dawg likes this.
  15. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

There will be a highlight youtube video for this one, because it was a nasty match. We got 6 kills, and I was five of them, and four of those were solo kills.

[​IMG]

Here's how it looked right as I died:

[​IMG]

I spread the damage at least...but there were just too many. Was 8v1 at one point, and I still brought down 3 more (and had a Timber Wolf 1 sneeze from death too).

Edit: Highlight from Twitch ;)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    That Dawg likes this.
  16. That Dawg

CARRY HARDER!!!!

17. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL MOM!!

18. That Dawg

lulz
    I have no idea what happened to my game...is it possible something I posted in the forums pissed Russ off and now he coded my user name into thee worse possible players available?
    Last two nights I dont think I've won a match yet. Between the friendly fire at the START of the match from my own lance, to Suicide Kings lances and "I'm just experimenting" when I ask why they put ONE LRM 20 on that light with 2 tons of ammo make me terrified to try any CW

edit: I should have KNOWN better than to play a game after posting this....
    There were so many enemy UAV's I thought amazon was using this as a simulator for their new delivery system.
    Pretty really...seeing 4-5 UAV's in the air...at the same time, and me frantically typing in 'kill the uav's', 'we have uav's all over the place', while volley after volley of lrm rain poured over the side of caustic
    meanwhile I feel like T-rex in my torso weapons only Heckbringer trying to shoot stuff in the sky JUST above my ability to lean back far enough to fall over backwards.
    Half our team went down (I started back peddling furiously) in minutes. Then the next wave of UAV's came up.
    GG close, stuck around to see the chat bar flaming the "zero talent lrm noobs" etc
    yanno, if you die in a hail storm of missiles...its not their fault...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  19. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Technically it is as they pulled the trigger plus let's be honest it is zero skill. ;)

The skill usually lies in the spotter/narcer they're using. :)

Reminds me of the LRM 60 warhawk @Aylek and I had on our side the other night. Two mechs left on our side and he's one. Except he's at 100% armour and 0% ammo.... with no support weapons. Zero risk playah....

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast