So how do you play your Orion(s)?

Thread in 'Orion' started by Blagg Zear, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

In less than one week we can buy the Orion.Variants for C-Bills. So I'm interested to know how you - Already.Owners - play your Orion(s). It looks like this mech should be played as an aggressive Brawler due to its versatile Weapon.Hardpoints, but as I have heard & seen it has problems with the Hitbox (CT-Bug), so Brawling is no good. What do you do to make the best out of it? Do you play Sniper, LRM.Boat or Secondline Firesupport like a Jager. Or do you still try to brawl? Tell us all how to play this Mech the most effectively from your experience.

Blagg

2. Hurthammer

Hurthammer Active Member

So far, second line support has worked best for me. Shoot at what the big guys shoot at, run off the lighter mechs that make it past the front line. Keep my head down and try not to draw too much attention. This mech has the speed to plug holes where needed, just not a front line bruiser. More of a force multiplier.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Advanced Member

As a giant shield. Given the current Orion situation i keep him supporting the bigger Assaults. They need the light protection, i need the protection from...everything? Until its tweaked a bit more the Orion is NOT a front line mech.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast