Casual SNS-D/Manul "Long Fang" (4xAC2, ECM, TC1)
4/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Sun Spider Omni Builds' started by renzor51, Aug 7, 2019.

1. renzor51

renzor51 Well-Known Member

So I've been going back and forth between many possibilities between a rifleman (debating whether or not to buy a Legend Killer for this), jager, rifleman IIC-2, etc. to build a quad AC2 boat. My hopes are to have high mounts and decent maneuverability. I already have a Manul that I don't use much with a Gauss/HLL build, and learned that I could to this with it, which is basically a Sun Spider D, omni-wise:

High mounts, fast, comparative defensive ability to riflemen etc., with a Clan XL Engine and ECM!! :)

Are people doing this already on their Sun Spider D's? The chassis seems built for it. Well, gonna try it out. Looks like fun, and won't bother buying the LK. :p

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

4/5,
    I think the sunspider A was the chassis of choice for this build, I've seen dual LBX20 being put on the D before :)

It's very fun on a JM6-S (better than legend killer for quad AC2). Having at least a part of the weapons in the arms and the ECM makes it a bit more widely usable (and less blinding) than the quad uac2 sunspiders with everything in the torso. I would upgrade to UAC2s, because you're not having heat issues anyway, or LBX2s for the bonus crit.

3. renzor51

renzor51 Well-Known Member

UAC's is a good point. There are already 4 added DHS's stuck in the engine. I usually avoid UAC2's for boating because of the heat. I'll give it a try. Less slots too, so I can more evenly spread the ammo out between the ST's.

After one game, I already don't like how frequently the UAC's are temporarily jammed. :/

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019