SMN-P "Yen Lo" (1xcUAC20, 2xcMPL)

Thread in 'Summoner Omni Builds' started by Aylek, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This started as a joke idea from drinking too much Laphroiag Triple Wood while leveling my new Summoners (actually did this build on the -M (L)), but quickly turned out to be an amazing murder machine. I simply wanted to do at least one SMN build with a cUAC as the -C left arm's quirks are simply amazing.

While I still think one of the best possibilities to do so is the Cuqui by @Maurox , this emulation of a popular medium mech can hold on his own quite nicely. Give it a try!

Btw, Some anecdotical evidence of effectiveness is available as well (basic skills only at the time of the match):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Will it be better to move the Ballistic to RT?

3. Aylek

That's something I see quite often. And usually your RT will be targeted first exactly because of this. So as with the cUAC10 + cERPPC build I prefer the LT for the UAC as blowing of your RT won't render you useless. Twisting won't prevent you from loosing that precious RT as experienced players will wait until you twist back in. On top of this, the -C RT comes with some nice structure and pitch quirks.

All in all this probably comes down to personal preference. The reasons listed above are the ones I prefer the ballistic in the LT.

enileph likes this.
  4. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I did one drop in this, got over 600 damage and 3 kills. I'm sold. Only difference is I'm running it on the D model.

I wanted something other than a SRM boat (which is my SMN-B) and a balanced LRM20 platform (single LRM20) on my prime. Wasn't really satisfied with the pure energy builds, and was trying to find a good brawler build. I like this one.

Aylek likes this.
  5. Aylek

I switched to 2x cERML instead of the pulse lasers after the changes to the UAC20 heat. Slightly lower alpha and worse burn duration, but better cooling.

6. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I'm guessing DHS to replace the tons?

7. Aylek

Probably yes. Will check when home.

8. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

hmmm... reminds me of the "Yen Lo Crow" Build that i used to run:

too bad the Summoner can't load the LB 20-X AC :cry:

With all the Omnipods available i would do something like this today (ultra dakka comboed with a mini-deathstar-laser :D ... plus a Targeting Computer):

9. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Aylek, I did1 extra dhs and a CAP. Works pretty well. If I start running hot I usually jam anyway.

10. Aylek

Nope, went 1:1 with additional DHS (= +2). That UAC20 really heats you up with those quirks when not jamming.

That cAP sounds pretty sweet as well, though. Might try that as well.

11. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I'm running another one of my Summoners with this. Similar idea, but with an LBX and MPL for easier armor rolling, and the weapons are all in the arms so they're all easier to twitch aim.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast