Casual SMN-D "Flayer" (1xcUAC10, 1xcSRM6+A, 4xcHML)

Thread in 'Summoner Omni Builds' started by Throet, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Throet

Throet Active Member

A Summoner build I used to run frequently, upgraded with the new HML. Armor values are intentionally falsified.

I previously would've run this with 4 ERML or 4 ERSL. Either way works, but I haven't tried it yet with the new HML shown here. You keep more armor with the small lasers. I guess Heavy Small lasers are an option now too. This is really brawly anyway, so they might be a viable option. Not sure I want to try that because of the extremely short range.

I created a variation of this with a UAC20, because it is pretty brawly to begin with. I appreciate having at least one mid to long range weapon on all my builds, and the UAC10 fills that requirement for me nicely, although I'm aware not everyone will want to do that. Part of the reason this conversion works so well is that you don't need quite as much ammunition for the UAC20 if you aren't using it to scratch folks at range.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  2. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

That's weird. Can I ask why?

3. Throet

Throet Active Member

I don't like to reveal precisely which components I tend to leave slightly stripped of armor when that becomes necessary to make a build work. That's all. It's not weird. People sharing builds for MWO have been concealing this information for years. (Not that everyone does it, but many people do).

4. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Skipped leg day eh? :)

Anyway, I think you could safely drop a ton of UAC10 ammo to armor up. Especially if you put a skill or two into AC ammo

5. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Looks promising. Might try it, but I think a LBX might be better here.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast