SHD-5M "Black Hawk" (2x MLas, 2x SSRM2, 2x AC2, BAP, 2x JJ, XL280) [with video]

Thread in 'SHD-5M' started by Matheos, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Cold

Cold New Member

Somehow AC's + SSRM builds really do magic for meds. I have a sh!tton of saber mech builds all with this layout and everyone of it constantly pushes around 600 damage. You honestly can't do much wrong with it, it's quite heat efficient and thanks to the AC's you have something to do in the early game as well.

I tried this one of yours here and got 750dmg in my first match with it. It's nothing unique or extravagant but it works really, really well.

2. Matheos

Matheos Active Member

It's not fancy or special or fits into the recent metagame... but it works. Thanks everyone for the continued positive reviews.

I also got to tweaking this build a little bit and came up with this variant if speed isn't as desirable as weapon range:

This variant drops the engine rating (to 255), one heatsink, and one ton of AC2 ammo for an ER Large Laser. These changes take away the ability to (somewhat) chase down lights in exchange for another long range attack. Depending on you want to do, I think this is also a good option along with Watchman's defensive AMS addition (you'll be exposing yourself to missiles with the fast firing ACs a lot of the time).

Also, this loadout is 100% 2H-compatible for all those with a Phoenix chassis.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  3. enileph

enileph Star Lord

I am Down with this Black Hawk. :D

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast