SHD-2K "Griffin Wanna-be" (3x SRM6+A, 3x MLas, 2x JJs, XL300/STD250)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'SHD-2K' started by Falconium, Apr 17, 2014.

1. mmstahlman

mmstahlman Active Member

2K has all weapons in the torsos, and all are mounted high. Personal preference, I'll have to disagree with you. :)

Solahma likes this.
  2. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

I just had to, you know, cavil about something

gud build
    stronk

3. Beastman

Beastman New Member

Most definitely one of the best builds for the 2k! Speed, survivability and powah! Love running this with a std engine. I play alot more recklessly when hefting a std engine and it often works in my favor so thumbs up for this build.

4. Beastman

Beastman New Member

5/5,
    One of the best builds for the 2K and alot of quirks and options for personal taste!

Falconium likes this.
  5. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

After the quirks and the victor tournament I tried the xl350 version and I must say it's a valid alternative, with the MLAS heating less.
    Much better for backstabbing and hunting clan lights.

I think I prefer this version to the XL300 now, but it's still hot, I'd probably use a 340 and some more DHS if I had the engine.

Either way, I love that it's faster then SCRs and with JJs :)

EDIT

I got the xl340 with the sale on the cicada and the MC bonus, I think this version deserves first page @Falconium :) It fits the current meta better then the others, a MLAS is not worth the speed boost ;) Ammo is a bit lower, but given you backstab much more, it doesn't really matter. And following those light with SRMs? now that is funny, few espect a 110km/h SRM6+A boat

The speed adds a lot of endurance even if you strip some armor from the shieldarms. The only real down side is 12 vs 14 DHS, even if it's cooler in generating heat, once you reach heat cap is will take more to cool off, speed will help, but it is indeed noticeable.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    Falconium likes this.
  6. Riscy

Riscy Benefactor

5/5,
    I use Falconiums original 2K build with the XL300 engine as my go to mech. Great build. Great mech.

7. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

"Save the SHD" version.

We all know that with quirks this mech is kind of left back, so I changed it to be super fast and at least quite jumpy, with 2 JJs, with max firepower/cooling possible at that speed.

This makes a great assault hunter, still, this mech needs some new quirks

Another version I like:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast