SHD-2D2 Bodyguard (1x LBX10, 2x MLas, 4x SSRM2, 2x JJ, BAP, XL280)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'SHD-2D2' started by Aylek, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Revised build:

Removed 2 DHS and one ton of SSRM ammo from the original build for both increasing the LBX ammo and upping the engine size.

First draft:

Specialized build for bodyguard duties and light hunting.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

You can put the ammo anyplace, but it will explode anyplace it goes.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  3. m0thm4n

m0thm4n Active Member

I came up with a similar version of this build with an XL300. I call it, the "Light F**cker 5000". A (hopefully) good counter to the increased speed of lights.

4. m0thm4n

m0thm4n Active Member

I definitely think this weapon load-out is going to be a solid build for the SHD-2D2, however I think you could drop down to 10 DHS without too many issues. The LBX and chain-fired lasers can both be fired at 85-90% heat without too many issues.

I'd also go for at least tonne more LBX ammo, you tend to rip though it pretty quick because of the recycle time and it's fun to pepper the opposition team from a distance.

Infact if you're going to have a small engine like the XL 255 you could drop the DHS and replace it with LBX ammo.

A larger engine might be helpful though. I made a similar build with an XL300 which would be good for getting back to base quickly to kill off lights capping.

5. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

My suggestion for ammo layout:

6. Aylek

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I think you're right in most points, especially on the LBX-ammo. The engine size should be fine for this build's purpose, though. Remember that this is a designated bodyguard similar to Grimm's Light Hunter.

Replacing the additional DHS seems to be reasonable. I am not quite sure if 60 shots are needed, though, so removing those DHS would allow to mount a slightly bigger engine as well. 87,5 kph coul be sufficient for short periods of light hunting rather than just scaring them away.

Revised build:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  7. Aylek

8. DarkLobster

DarkLobster Well-Known Member

I like this loadout. At the moment, I'm with m0th on the 300XL for the extra speed, but we'll see what happens when I get the Elites done.

I know it comes with a 275XL, but you might as well use a 280 if you have one since they're the same weight.

9. fyrebryan

fyrebryan New Member

my main issue with these is the complete lack of ammo...
    i'm going back and forth between this:

and this:

10. DarkLobster

I gave this a preliminary 4 stars, but then I had this awesome game last night, so I'm upping my rating. This thing is amazing! :D

[​IMG]

As far as ammo goes, I've run dry on streaks in a couple of games, so I could see an extra ton of SSRM ammo being handy (but not essential). I think 4 tons is probably excessive though. And I wouldn't sacrifice the MLasers to get it. The game above is the only one I've run out of LBX rounds on so far, so I think 3 tons of ammo is a good amount.

11. m0thm4n

m0thm4n Active Member

Wow nice round lobster :D

12. Neokolzia

Neokolzia New Member

I came up with a similar version, after using dual LB10's in a SHD-5M, I loved them but hated the inconsistency of Damage even at a closer range spreading it all across the mid body.

With Dual LB10's I know for a fact I can easily chew through 45 rounds per

So pushing it a litttttle more with a bit more heat consistency managed to fit a Ac/10 and a bit of extra Ammo for Sustained long range engagements

Arms are simply shields on this model

13. DarkLobster

Yeah, it is, but it's still interesting to see the evolution to get to that point.

14. The Verge

Now, Imagine that evolution in my brain....

15. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

The new version is far better than the first one, though i wish there would be more Cooling and more SSRM.Ammo. How about dropping some Armor on Head, Arms and Legs to have at least one more ton of Missiles? I run Kintaros with Quad/Penta.SSRM.Pods and 2tons run dry very fast. 3 tons are minimum for so much Pods. But in all a good build! Very similar to my Skirmisher Build.. ;)

16. Grieg

Grieg New Member

Why you would put a 275xl into this when the 280 is the same tonnage, I don't know.

17. The Verge

Because some mechs have a maximum of a XL275, not XL280.

18. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

And the SHD-5M comes with a XL275 and not everyone wants to shell out $4.5Mill C-bills to get an extra 1.5 kph.

19. Shaftronics

Shaftronics Active Member

I personally felt the same. I love the LB-10X, but with streaks, I'd rather have a reliable source of pinpoint damage. My version has less ammo and no AMS, but retains the medium lasers. 10 Damage can make or break certain situations. Didn't find myself running out of ammo too often.

20. Shaftronics

Shaftronics Active Member

Is it just me, or was this build the first thing that naturally came to your mind when you saw the hardpoints for the 2D2 back a few months back?

After finally being able to play with it after release, the whole thing feels completely natural.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast