SHD-2D "Bowser" (1x AC20, 2x SRM4, 2x MLas, STD225, JJ)

Thread in 'SHD-2D' started by epikt, Jun 26, 2014.

1. epikt

epikt Benefactor

This mech was inspired by BlindMind's post in the what's your favourite mech thread.
    I thought: "hey! that's nice! But can't say I'm a fan of this SRM2... and this thing will run out of ammo in no time, I need energy backup weapons. And I can't decently strip my beloved triple AC/2 SHD-2H, I'll have to build it on the 5M (the only other SHD I kept). Hop! that's it, it fits well! And maybe if I remove a jet and shave some armor I can mount a second laser."

That's how I came up with this build and I'm actually surprised it has not been posted before:

It's slow even with speed tweak and a bit hot, but it's a seriously brutal brawler with massive firepower at close range. And even with shaved armor it can take a good beating and keep kicking asses.
    Of course it's not really comfortable at long range, but I'm not building jacks of all trades ;)

NB: I actually built mine on the SHD-5M (I don't have the -2D). It also can be built on the -2D2.
    But I think the -2D is the best chassis for it because 1/ it can mount SRMs on CT and head for better zombiability (same for the 2D2) and 2/ it mounts lasers on left arm so you can use the whole right side as a shield.
    If you want a less lateralized mech, which is a perfectly viable option, then build on a -5M.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. Shivaran

Shivaran New Member

I wanted to try a AC20 SHD... Think I'll have a run with it. :)

Doesn't it go a little bit too slow?

3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I'd reduce the maximum alpha a bit in favor of more armor - people WILL go for your legs - and redistributed the ammo. The SRM ammo in the RT will be used first for example which makes shielding with the whole right side even more powerful.

The speed is very low, though, so better keep up with the heavies in your team. What about this?

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast