Casual SDR-A "Spider Monkey" (XL255/2xSLas/MRM10/2xL-AMS/4xJJ)

Thread in 'Anansi' started by Xanderman_Adventures, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Xanderman_Adventures

Xanderman_Adventures New Member

The hero Spider, Anansi, is a unique variant of the Spider chassis. It is one of the few mechs in game with two AMS hardpoints, and also the only Spider with a missile hardpoint in the CT. This inhibits the size of what missile options you are allowed to have to only a two slot weapon at most. This means you can carry at most a single SRM 6, SSRM 6, MRM 10, LRM 10, RL 15, or a NARC if you are so inclined.

This rather lacking missile option means less of a demand on ammo, which is why I personally prefer the MRM 10 over everything, since MRMs are very ammo per ton efficient and can hit things at 500 meters or less. But an SRM 6 would pair very nicely with the small lasers, so that's not a bad idea either. As for the AMS, I am a personal fan of L-AMS due to infinite ammo for the same weight and space as a ballistic in exchange for a heat penalty.

The XL 250 is the lightest engine size we can mount that has all ten mandatory heatsinks for mech function prebuilt into the engine, and the XL 255 is the same weight but marginally faster. After enabling Ferro and Endo together, we had just enough weight and space to add 2/3rds, (4/6), of the jump jets possible. Yes sure there is possible tweaking to be done so it may fit an individuals needs and desires. I just wanted to share my build because oddly enough, I quite like the spider and I quite like this hero mech. Hope you enjoy

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast