SDR-5V Spider-Man (2x MLas, 12x JJ, XL285)

Thread in 'SDR-5V' started by Blagg Zear, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Well, this is really the maximum what you can squeeze out of this little bugger. Not the best Variant, but hey, you get 12 (!) Jumpjets and an extra Module! If you like to scout fly much and avoid confrontations, then this might be your Mech. Definitely go for Cap Acceleration Module.

Alternate "BAP" Edition:

Alternate "Zombie" Edition:

Blagg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I personally have a BAP instead of the AMS. But a great build for such a limited mech. 5-5

3. Verbosity

Verbosity Dispossessed

Just as a note to all the pilots who might want to be grinding this mech so they can get their 5D up to elite or mastery.

YOU DO NOT NEED DOUBLE HEATSINKS!
    if you don't have a huge amount of C-Bills, don't bother. with double heatsinks this mech probably never overheats. Last night I bought this mech, and thought "Well I may as well try and run it, even though I cannot afford the DHS, since I'll get the 2x bonus"

At one point I was capping the enemy base pew pewing at the cent disconnect, it took me ages to get to 90% heat, and that was without either of the basic heat efficiencies.

Ok ok DHS are better, plz no flame wars of course this mech is better with them, but it can run without them, maybe not quite as well, but well enough, and it's not like youre ever going to use this in comp play.

I suspect that the same is true for the 5K too

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

By no question; the funniest mech in the game... Just 100m straight up and LAAAAAAAUGH your little mech away. :D

5. PilotSerenity

PilotSerenity Well-Known Member

lol 12 JJs I was like:

Sarah Geronimo singing Reach for the Sky:

"Ill never stop until I reach the sky
    I know my dreams will happen, I can fly

Ill reach for the sky

I will not give up" xD

6. Mythweaver

Mythweaver Advanced Member

Excellent build...I love the Spider.

Myth.

7. Xitomatl

Xitomatl Junior Member

I respectfully disagree. I'm running the 5K with ERLLas and 4xMG's, and putting the DHS in brought it from good to absolutely terrifyingly good. In 2 of my 3 matches in the 5K today, I did more damage than any of the other 23 players. But SHHHH!!! Don't tell anybody how good it is!

As for these 5V builds, these are the best options for what is one of the crappiest mechs available. I commonly get over 400 dmg with both other spider varients, and with this one, I'm very lucky to break 200. I'm not even bothering to do anything to it, I'm just running it nearly stock (I dropped some JJ's for armor), and as soon as I have it all unlocked, I'll probably sell it. I did have to pay real cash money for the MechBay it's sitting in, after all.

Joe Bopper likes this.
  8. haji1096

haji1096 New Member

"Hard to Kill" Edition

Here is my variation on this build. I've successfully mastered it. They way I run this mech is to equip the following modules: improved artillery strike, improved air strike, and medium pulse laser range 2. Scout, then use the jump jets and max speed to weave in and out of fights. Use the jump jets to place your arty and air strikes in good locations. The shorter duration of the pulse lasers means that you concentrate damage on the move.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
    Joe Bopper likes this.
  9. Virlutris

Virlutris Junior Member

I did the same thing: "Why not? heat looks pretty reasonable stock ..."

I had to work really hard, firing almost non-stop to push the heat toward the limit on my 5V with an LPLas and SHS. I paid for the endo and fero out of the war chest, and it paid its own DHS tax. It literally can't overheat with the DHS and a single large laser of any variety. Okay, maybe on Terra Therma, standing in the lava.

I may not use it in comp, but I'm grinding it to use as a scout in Community Warfare on the purportedly monstrous maps that are in store. The only thing that can outrun it with its max engine is a Commando, and Locusts can only hang with you until you fly over the terrain :D

Edit: I plan to run it as in the OP for CW, only I might sub in a TAG if experience shows it'll be useful.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  10. Joe Bopper

Joe Bopper Well-Known Member

Some of these loadouts are doomed to run extremely hot and risk overheating, especially on any hot / dry map. This is because the loadouts listed here are lacking a (double) heatsink within the engine. Jump Jets have been updated / nerfed, and can now make your mech very hot and not cool down.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/164389-jump-jet-update/

So, in order to be able to be constantly moving, flying, and firing, I suggest putting one double heatsink within the engine. The loadout I will provide is very similar except that it has less armor and a double heatsink added within the engine. You can pretty much do whatever you want in the mech now without worrying about overheating. That's why I call it "Super Mech". It is very capable once you don't have to worry about overheating.

Possible Effective Modules:
    - radar deprivation
    - seismic sensor
    - capture acceleration
    - laser range
    - laser cooldown
    - uav
    - air strike

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  11. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

In a game I played there was this guy called Waldo who took this thing, flew it into some weird location and powered down waiting for people to find him. Naturally his team lost and we had to spend 10 more minutes looking... :/

Joe Bopper likes this.
  12. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Don't u ever underestimate a Spider-V !!!

[​IMG]
    (Tier 1 Match, us all dead, but Spidey massacred them all by himself - he is a real Big Final Boss!)

Joe Bopper likes this.
  13. Ch_R0me

Ch_R0me Benefactor

Here is my own variation.

A truly Meme-tag deserving build overall. :p

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast