SDR-5D Mythweaver's Alpha (1x LLas, 2x MLas, ECM, XL255)

Thread in 'SDR-5D' started by Mythweaver, Feb 11, 2013.

1. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

It's happened to me every once in a while. I'll lose my left quite often, but that's because I shield that way and all my armor reductions are done on that empty arm. I never consider adding weapons to the CT on a Spider to be "in case the arm blows off" but "in case I want more firepower". One of my guildies runs a few different builds on his spider, he loves LPL+2xML with 1 JJ and ECM.

A small laser is almost as useless as an empty slot, IMHO.

2. Mythweaver

Mythweaver Advanced Member

Your guild buddies build is the same as my alternate...another great option for the SDR-5D.

3. Bad Boy Bubby

Bad Boy Bubby New Member

I've just thrown together Mythweaver's Alt build and I have to say for my first Spider Chasis I love it.

Using hit and run and torso twisting whilst using JJ and firing is a blast. You certainly have to stay on the move. Even if it seems your running off into the sunset.

I was sceptical about the Spider (Have a Raven 3L Elited), but not anymore.

Now to just Elite the little bugger up.

4. NamesAreStupid

NamesAreStupid Active Member

How do you group your weapons?

5. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Group 1: LL
    Group 2: MLs
    But I use a slightly different build, I place both MLs on the arm and the LL on the torso.

6. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Same here, LLas on the body. That and I have 5-6 JJ instead, ripping out some armor (mostly the left arm).
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=52&l=46e9e9889e3922de5dc0251741595ba9e986dd4b

7. Metherlence

Metherlence New Member

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=52&l=d5164a8605bb2517439350b8c9a8935b0ac5bf35

By removing the DS and a little armor from the left arm you can fit a XL 255 engine.
    If you do this, you get an a little better heat efficiency because you trade an external for an internal heatsink and of course you reach a higher topspeed.

8. Moonsword

Moonsword Star Lord

This build has the same loadout as Mythweavers, and as far as I can tell, it is a slight variant of it in regards to a slightly smaller engine for maxed armour, the threads will be merged.

9. PilotSerenity

PilotSerenity Well-Known Member

the 1xLLas and 2xMLas are fantastic (5t+2t=7t) and you can interchange it with ER PPC(7t) lol I was amazed I didn't notice ER PPC
    I'm really a fan :blush: because I use the same build except I have extra 1xDH for no reason ._. and I'm really not sure...4xJJs means a lot...I should try it too
    "My" Config A: Brawl Mode
    •2xJJs
    •197 armor points
    •1xLLas(CenterTorso)...2xMLas(RightArm)
    •11xDHs (10xDHs from XL engine-137.5kph) or maybe 10xDHs is enough :mellow:

"My" Config B: Sniper Mode---I use this most of the time(favorite map is CanyonNet.)
    •2xJJs
    •197 armor points
    •1xTag(CenterTorso)...1xER PPC(RightArm) "tag" so I can contribute to my teammates too :mellow:
    •10xDHs (from XL engine-137.5kph)
    tell me...should I remove 1xDH for 2xJJs instead? so it will be exactly the same as yours?

10. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

still one of the most powerful Spider.Builds! 7 Kills!

[​IMG]

11. knightsljx

knightsljx Well-Known Member

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=52&l=303731449f53359d5990af2f64ff1a0984e7d0ef

I run with ERLLas, slightly different armor distribution, and one more heat sink over JJs. Deadliest ninja assassin in the game

[​IMG]

12. greenbeard

greenbeard Active Member

This is a delicious build. I use it mainly as a flanking harasser and to provide ecm for forward mechs when I'm not lone wolfing it. Either way, it banks.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=52&l=2d275e5ec2f335a02cd8bc680a46280818e6cc8e

I had a guy shred my Atlas at the end of a match in this thing, and have been a believer in it ever since. These are a few matches from this morning:

[​IMG]

[img width=700 height=437]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/cptgreenbeard/MWO/ScreenShot0202_zps0125fe97.jpg[/img]

Witamin was a gotdamn unstoppable force in that game. Never seen a Highlander piloted so effectively.

edit- fixed image errors, sorry bout dat

13. verbosity

verbosity New Member

most of those images don't work
    The BAP is redundant, remove it for more speed or heatsinks.

mythweavers OP is pretty much the perfect build for the 2xML + 1LL , feel free to swap the LL for an ERLL, but otherwise it can't be beaten. Personally I prefer the ML's in the arm and LL in the torso.

14. greenbeard

greenbeard Active Member

I prefer to keep it due to scouting and targeting, actually. Its counter to ECM doesn't effect what I'm trying to do usually, but I totally see what you're saying.

15. Bashiba

Bashiba Well-Known Member

I love it, but go with the ERL in the arm so its easier to peak around corners or snipe downhill on maps like Alpine. Also only 2xJJ so I can get an 11th Heat Sink.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast