SCR-PRIME "The Barf Crow" (1x cLPL, 6x cERML, TC1)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Stormcrow Omni Builds' started by zaepp, Aug 23, 2014.

1. zaepp

zaepp Junior Member

Runs pretty cool, thus no problem to use that cERML weapon module additionally.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Would probably run it with a MPL in the head and a TC3+cAP, and another DHS for full slots usage instead.

3. zaepp

zaepp Junior Member

The lower-arm-actuators are missing and it has a slightly lower alpha.

Further more cLPL and cERML compliment each other better than cERML and cERMPL and a TC3 isn't really worth it.

But it runs a little bit cooler even though...

4. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I think it's about playstyle, if one likes to stay more in range or brawl range, since I'd tend to stay in the 300-500m range, and take good alphas and retreat for me the MPL would be about the same, allowig me to pick the cAP and the TC3.

I'd never skip on the cAP because countering lighs with ECM or being able to offer a DDC for lurmers while close to it for just 1 ton is a very big advantage.

About the TC3, for me it's worth it for the time to gather infos, given the playstyle of the mech :) All the other bonus are still nice, even if not much bigger of course, but enough to put the mech just in the range I want to use.

Your build is very good anyway, I'd run a really slight mod of it.

5. zaepp

zaepp Junior Member

You have a good point in regards to that cAP. Always good to have something for the team. :D
    Normally I use cAP only on streak-boats (and rarely on LURM-boats). But I haven't used streaks or LURMs for a while.

But still not convinced about that TC3 and the missing lower-arm-actuators though.

6. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

You have a really good point on the actuators (and on your build you can equip the hand actuator too).

I just love the speed info gathering too (and ofc can't equip it as module when adv.seismic sensor and radar deprivation are in the game)and the cAP benefits to me and the team for how I play these kind of mechs.

And I'm a maniac for using all the crit spaces ^_^ :phear:

7. BRUTAL FURY

BRUTAL FURY Active Member

5/5,
    Best layout

8. BRUTAL FURY

BRUTAL FURY Active Member

After testing several layouts I arrived at this configuration. Such a combination of armaments fits perfectly with what I think is the essence of Crow: a midrange hit and hide !! Its size is small, but it is not as agile; it lacks acceleration. In addition as a brawler it seems to be very "soft". At greater distances it cannot carry a very effective firepower (2xcerll are weak with a long beam life; 2xcppc and 10xmicrolasers is only reasonable). So, if you are positioned at mid distance (where it is safest) and shoot good amount of damage to your target !!! (1xclpl + 6xcerml and lots of heat sinks). Despite Crow, I think his spiritual power animal should be the Wolf! "Crowolf";)