Casual SCR-A "It's A Trap!" (2x ATM9, 10x cHSL, cLTAG)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Stormcrow Omni Builds' started by Remover of Obstacles, Sep 27, 2017.

1. It's a trap on so many levels.

Alt.

Alloh_BR and Excalibaard like this.
  2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Interesting build.
    Just for the sake of peek-a-booing and to alfa strike without ever worrying about ghost heat, have you considered using heavy medium lasers? They have an optimal range similar to the optimal range of the ATMs and slot/ton wise, they are equal to the heavy small lasers, but you can't fit 4 of them.

Alloh_BR likes this.
  3. Adgar76

Adgar76 New Member

Unfortunately, the ERSL is in the same group as the heavy medium (along with all medium, small and micro lasers) and thus will generate ghost heat :(

4. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Oh really? Did they changed the ghost heat rules along with pinpoint weapons? I thought mediums and small had different "ghost-heat" groups like PPC and Gauss did... Darn

5. Purity The Kitty

Purity The Kitty Active Member

I love the concept. The chef must speak out against your lack of flamers on a trap mech, however.

Why brawl with a hot number of heavy smalls when you can just overheat them and headshot? :3

6. You could went with, "I find your lack of flamers disturbing."

Tactically I think the flamers could work. If they stay at range greater than 120m, you roast them in the pan with ATMs. If they close, they get the fire. Not sure if 6 flamers is needed or if you could get a Tag/Light Tag to fit. Either way, bring lots of cooling.

TheOddball likes this.
  7. Purity The Kitty

Purity The Kitty Active Member

You could fit a tag, yeah. 6 flamers is a nice number to burst overheat someone who's going "GOTTA CHARGE THOSE ATMS!" and not thinking about how overheated he's about to get in front of your whole lance.

8. TheOddball

TheOddball New Member

This is the next mech up for purchase, once I have the c-bills to do it. It looks like so much fun!

9. Throet

Throet Active Member

I think the point was that the presence of the ATMs will make opponents want to close range, but the lasers would be deadly after one does so. The Heavy Small Lasers have both better DPS and better Damage per Heat. It's kind of intentional that it's a bracket build, it's why it has that title.

10. TheOddball

TheOddball New Member

5/5,
    Confirmed, build kicks butt!

Purity The Kitty likes this.
  11. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

Made something similar. I didn't put it together in-game, so there might be better omnipods, quirk-wise, but going to try this. Can use whatever chassis, obviously. I just have a Lacerator.

Actually, upon testing, I didn't like the lack of range of the ERUL's, so changed this to have ERSL's. Here's the result. A little hot but better with skills:

(Also, make sure in MechDB to leave two slots open in the arms to have lower arm and hand actuators.)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020