RVN-4X "Surfin' Bird" (1x SRM6+A, 2x MPLas, 5x JJ, XL275)

Thread in 'RVN-4X' started by Ravihn, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Ravihn

Ravihn New Member

It's been done before... but in my defense this is faster, and somewhat stronger by virtue of Artemis guidance. Also I just wanted that quasi speedy jumping feel.

The gist of the mech is simple, dual MPLas for snipping light legs off, and SRM6 Artemis for smashing fatlas back armor. Of course speed n JJs are for pro stuntz.

Now if you hate being warm and want to jump a little less you can swap a JJ and some left arm armor for a DHS.

With this ride I usually go about 250-450 damage a round depending how I play etc etc. All in all its a great flying harasser, but you gotta love playing ravens/underdog mechs to even make this a worthwhile investment.

Also phat tip (in annoying internet speak), if you are wanting a xl 275 for your bird meks and want to get the most mek for your E-Coins. Consider investing in a SHD-5M SHAWKMEK, tis a great line o mechs to be mastering and the mentioned chassis has a XL275.

In closing I hope its not a crime in posting a more up to date build of a classic. If so, Mr. Gorbachev... tear down this post!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

I usually drop a couple JJs and a half-ton of SRM ammo for a pair of MGs, but otherwise, this thing has always been a blast. Now with the quirks, I may just take it out again, and see how it rolls. ;)

3. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

dito! The extra Crit-Chance should not be underestimated.

[​IMG]

Falconium likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast