Casual "Rush Boar" (LE 400/MRM 40/6 Mlas)

Thread in 'Boar's Head' started by Xanderman_Adventures, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Xanderman_Adventures

Xanderman_Adventures New Member

Utilizing the Boar's Head unique feature of being the only Atlas capable of equipping a 400 rated engine, this build aims to turn the Boar's Head into a fast "flank tank" with the benefits of being a 100t mech.

The huge engine gives the mech a base speed of 64.8kph and with speed tweak allows it to go up to 69.7kph, a very fast Atlas indeed.

You do have to give up some firepower however. In my case, I ditched the ballistic for an Mrm 40 since it does comparable damage to that of a UAC20 and was the lighter of the two options (plus high mounted so more ridge peaking possibilities), yeah it has spread so not all damage will go in the same spot, but you do have 6 Mlas in the event you need pinpoint damage so it's a fair trade.

For some players, this tradeoff may be a deal breaker, but in terms of the chassis, this actually isn't such a bad idea, seeing as how the Boar's Head is quirked for structure rather than armor, meaning it wont fair very well in a full frontal head on engagement. Thus a more flank and spank style of gameplay is more preferable. And a mech with the hp of an assault, speed of a medium, and firepower of a heavy, this mech definitely can fit that role.

One mention is that I've noticed I lose my Mrm very quickly to machine gun fire. This can be bad as more than half your alpha can be lost when you do lose the mrm so, do try to torso twist and protect it best you can.

I'll try to get pictures in the future, rn pc broke af. Hope you enjoy the build idea.

2. Xanderman_Adventures

Xanderman_Adventures New Member

Ah yes. For clarification, I believe I had Endo, Ferro, and Double HS. I threw 6 into the open engine slots and I went with an L-AMS. ( I personally prefer the infinite ammo in exchange for a heat penalty.) If you dont like that, an AMS with one ton of ammo weighs the same and uses same slots. Max armor as well