QKD-4H Hunter Killer (3x SRM6, 4x MLas, 4x JJ, XL315) [+HD Video]

Thread in 'QKD-4H' started by Warchanter, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Warchanter

Warchanter Well-Known Member

All I can tell you is... it did this:

[​IMG]

[size=small]...well that's not all I can tell you I guess...

1. Group the meds, group the SRM's, the cooling is good enough...

2. Lock the arms - 37 of the 47 pts of damage is coming out of your torso - it will do little for you to have your arms flapping around compared to the payoff on a grouped 4 med shot. Trust me, it took about 10 really really bad games to figure this out. Keep it simple with the weapons and the aiming.

3. You got 85 kph (base) and 4 jump jets - use 'em. 18 SRM's coming down into someone's head and CT hurts... a lot... it's a timing thing and a nice tool to have in your bag when you get the hang of it. That and SRM'ing someone in the face and then flying over them... and then landing behind them, facing them.

:D

Now go have fun.

P.S. Yes I'm running a 1/2 ton short - I don't have an XL 320 but if you have one laying around, there's your extra 1/2 ton. Someday I'll grab one... took me all night to get endo and doubles on this thing though...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

I think we need a namechange on Warchanter to "Wardancer", reference to eldar in WH40k. ;)

Had a feeling this would be a possible move, real happy you confirmed it! Now to get it on video! :)

Helluva damage total in that game. Have to say the quickdraw is a strange mech, large but agile.

3. Warchanter

...or the Wood Elves of Blood Bowl!! Good thought Lan - that would be a cool MWO pilot name...

4. fyrebryan

fyrebryan New Member

Just a slight modification on the above.... dropped the head armor some and legs down to 50... able to fit an xl325 and move one of the HS from the arms to the engine

5. Warchanter

Looks good FB - you do get a lot more leg hits while jumping around but the decrease here isn't significant I don't think.
    [size=small]Time to save up for a 325! ^_^

6. Warchanter

[size=small]Gameplay:

Vid 1 here was an 8-6 affair and was kind of drawn out so I just cut it at the individual score screen but here was the final:

[​IMG]

[size=small]Urban fight here so... good look at the vertical moves you can use in this build....ended up blowing my own (last) leg off :blush: [size=small]This can run in 1080... also a good look at the punishment this build can take even carrying an XL...

[size=small]Vid 2: A good little 5-8 knockdown-drag-out on caustic. I'm the last one up but fall victim to a shutdown. Loss, but gg nonetheless... this can run in 1080... some good flying SRM shots in this one...

7. Alik Kerensky

Alik Kerensky Active Member

Figured your one not to buy a new engine if you've already got a good one. So everything the same, but slightly faster. :D

Very nice build.

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

What are yotu guys finding is the main killer of this mech in matches?

XL getting popped?

9. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Yes and no, it is easy to get killed long range by a ppc boat but that happens maybe 1 out of 10 games for me. The QKD doesn't carry enough armor on the side torsos to take a full blast without loosing all of it.

Most of the time I get killed it is indeed torso but up close and personal with just about all sections orange or red, I tend to play the QKD as a skirmishing brawler. Go in, do the damage, jump in behind the enemy, making him turn around and then my team get a free backside kill. Of course, I have been known to jump right into a cluster of enemies that goes "Heeeeelllo there..."

This is my current build, similar to the one above but more engine. I threaten flanks with it, gain positions and play merry hell in a brawl as previously mentioned. Jumping and firing 12 srms is not difficult and quite satisfying.

I have played Cattra Kells PPC build and it is a different playstyle with a standard engine. You are still at 80+ speeds but you are not as afraid of taking damage. It's all about using that speed and get the firepower to a flank, head on and the QKD will die fast.

10. Warchanter

I've actually lost legs on this thing quite a bit more than normal - side effect of jumping around so much I guess... so far for me the XL sides aren't really a problem...

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Variant with 16 DHS!

12. Gun Tuv

Gun Tuv Well-Known Member

Okay so the design brief here was to create something that does the job of a Linebacker using IS kit. This is my solution, and so far it is testing rather well. >100kph with quirks, maximum armour, 56 alpha, decent weapon placement, smallish frame and okayish hitboxes. I've gone deep into the survival tree to give it the toughness a skirmisher deserves, obviously I've gotten all the speed-tweaks, I've gone half-way down the operations tree and I've put the rest in firepower.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast