Casual QKD-4G "Basic Bobbi" (4x M(P)L, 2x SRM6/MRM, 7x JJ, STD300/280)

Thread in 'QKD-4G' started by Joe Bopper, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Joe Bopper

Joe Bopper Well-Known Member

• Basic Bobbi
      • MK I - SRM Version - (4x ML, 2x SRM6, 7x JJ, STD300)

• Basic Bobbi
      • MK II - MRM Version - (4x ML, 2x MRM10, 7x JJ, STD300)

The Basic Bobbi loadouts above are more casual and in my opinion fun to play. However, Bobbi recently got a makeover and was upgraded to "Triflin' Bobbi" which trades speed for damage.
    • Triflin' Bobbi
      • MK III - Shorter Range - (4x MPL, 2x SRM6, 7x JJ, STD280)

• Triflin' Bobbi
      • MK IV - Medium Range - (4x ML, 1x MRM20, 1x MRM10, 7x JJ, STD280)
    [/spoiler]

* For all Bobbi loadouts try using mobility and jumpjet skills.

* For more firepower, install a smaller engine and/or remove some jumpjets in order to exchange some of those medium lasers for er/large/pulse lasers.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Hmm, a lot of tonnage is wasted on 7 JJ. You could cut down a bit on those and increase ammo by 1t and/or upgrade your medium lasers to medium pulses, which are a much larger help if it comes to actually killing things.

Just 2 LRM5 isn't going to get through a single AMS, and is otherwise still going to deal very underwhelming damage. You could upgrade to LRM10's but then the HBK-4J still does it better due to the quirks. Your advantage will be the Jumpjets and medium pulses though. Going asymmetric by removing the left arm will give you the tonnage to try this out.

I made it like this (downgraded to STD285 because I don't need the internal slots anymore)

3. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

Excalibaard allready said everything, except I'd allways go XL with Quickdraws.

4. Excalibaard

900 is a bit much ammo though tbh ;) I'd say 25-30 full salvo's is what you can usually fire in a match without CD quirks and there's only 20 per salvo as opposed to the true LRM boats. Good call on the XL engine.

The weight advantage of the XL might enable some blue lasers in the mix while also providing more speed:

or if you remove the FF/keep the smaller engine:

ERLL are too hot IMO to be used together with LRM10s.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  5. Joe Bopper

Joe Bopper Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of your input. I would like to explain my rationales for making Bobbi so.. erm.. basic, if you will..

I've been thinking about it, but I'm too scared to put an XL engine on Bobbi :( .. Often times I survive and help my team albeit with a torso and arm shot off with a standard engine. I don't believe I have the skill or patience to be able to survive consistently running XLs on certain mechs.

With less JJ Bobbi would likely be stronger - but surely wouldn't be as swift. With the 7 JJ, Bobbi can find the vantage point and also confuse enemies by jumping over them and turning in mid-air to hit them in the back. I love JJ personally, so I usually try to make my builds work including accounting for maxed out JJ They r so fun!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  6. Excalibaard

Don't be, quickdraws are supposed to be quick rather than tanky ^^ it's only a 60t after all, with long range weaponry.
    If you want more JJs, you can still equip like 4-5 and still get to a pretty good position, while having a few extra tons. The point is that salvos <20 missiles are just not going to do anything but scare them away, and that's not worth 6t ;)

STD version:

XL:

Joe Bopper likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast