PXH-3s "MASCed Bandit" (LB10X, 3ML, 4JJ, MASC, XL280)

Thread in 'PHX-3S' started by ShiverMeRivets, Aug 28, 2018.

1. ShiverMeRivets

ShiverMeRivets Well-Known Member

This, and the equivalent alternatives below are of the few builds that worked well for me in this mech. It is not easy to find something that the poor PXH-3s can do that others (especially lights) can't do better.

So, we want to pop-tart, we want speeds near 110 kph and over 130 kph with the MASC, and we want to squeeze every bit of damage that we can from the limited hard points. Above all, we want to look cool :stig:

These builds play as a "heavy light". Make liberal use of the MASC and JJs to hop around and spread incoming damage. The basic method is to hit MASC to accelerate and take off. You thus FLY from cover to cover. To kite enemies, the most fun is to turn 180 degrees while in the air and alpha as you are flying backwards. MASC upon landing to get running again.

You are bigger than lights, but the armor is decent. MASC also allows you to make very quick side peeks, so alternate pop tarting and side-peeking to surprise the enemy, then MASC away to reposition. Don't expect huge damage numbers, but these builds are just SUPER active and fun. Perhaps the best fun/effectiveness ratio of any mech I played...

Here is the base build, centered on the LB10x. MLs enjoy the range bonus quirk, which is quite useful in some situations. The alternatives below use the same engine and similar total weight of weapons, so it is very easy to switch between them. Always max the speed tweak skills.

2. ShiverMeRivets

This alternative replace the MLs with MPLs, and the LB10X with LB5X. It relies more on the lasers and less on the gun, and fire faster since all the cooldowns are much sorter. LB5X is an unpopular gun, but it works well here - its purpose is to crit opened components, and the spead is quite small at MPL ranges. No room for DHSs, so when you run hot, shoot the LB5X for almost 0 heat.

3. ShiverMeRivets

Here is different variation on the LB10X version. The MLs are replaced with MPL+2ERSL. You lose a lot of laser range, but fire the lasers as fast as in the LB5X variant, making this the better short range skirmisher (go with 3 SPLs if you want really close ranges). MPLs and ERSLs sync very well both in range and total cycle time.

4. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

"Screw all those JJs, that ain't DPS" version. And don't worry about ammo: if you will really play this mech like a brawler, and don't waste shots, you won't last those 23-27 rounds.
    Still, I don't find a good idea to use a medium mech with an XL engine as a brawler, but the MPL range increase should compensate that.

MASC-less version: XL300 (+8 km/h) and either +0.5 ton of ammo or +1 JJ

5. Dagonus

Dagonus Moderator Staff Member

More survivable LBX10 Versions:

deman102712 likes this.
  6. ShiverMeRivets

@Dagonus
    Thanks, but giving up the MASC and JJs also removes all the defining characteristics of this mech! The PXH-1 will run this build better, with an additional huge -20% cooldown on the MLs.

If I ever buy the -1, I will sure use this build.

7. Dagonus

Dagonus Moderator Staff Member

Personally, I usually only take masc when I've maxed out the engine.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast