Casual PXH-2 "Pinpoint" (6xML, LAMS, ECM, 6xJJ, 275LE)

Thread in 'PXH-2' started by Eugee, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Eugee

Eugee Active Member

Skills:
    https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=jsonbin1.5c7ddd3244e81057efe0148d#s=Weapons

After returning to MWO recently this is the PXH I've settled on. Really a fan of the Light Engine, cutting weight while not becoming so fragile. This is a mobile little bastard that does well as a skirmisher supporting the main line with ECM and Laser AMS, and putting 30 point blasts into anything that gets close, with the jump capability to fire from weird angles.

2. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

Or a lighter, stronger, and faster

Or with ecm, though no jjs

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  3. Eugee

Eugee Active Member

I'd rather have the 6th jump jet over the TC1, since it offers so little to lasers.

It's kind of weird that I posted a PXH-2 build in the PXH-2 subforum, and I get a reply with not one, but two builds for different mechs.

4. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

A tc1 weight-wise provides a lot of bonus just to you as a player, and bonus if you run dakka or laser, so it’s almost always worth the one ton
    Also, different builds cause there are way better build for what your going for

5. Eugee

Eugee Active Member

What I was going for was sharing my preferred PXH-2 build. I did. We apparently have widely varying thresholds for the term "way better". For example, I would never fit a TC on a mech that had 1 ton and 3 criticals open. I would rather have another DHS.

But again, I was sharing my build, not asking for replies with what mech someone else thinks is better.

I wanted a mech with a LE (so I can lose a torso and keep fighting), a bunch of MLs, ECM, and JJs. The PXH checks all those boxes.

6. ShiverMeRivets

ShiverMeRivets Well-Known Member

@Eugee
    I found that some in the community have intense dislike of Pheonix Hawks. I am not sure why. True, they are not the best but are very playable and I like them. PXH-2 in particular is the best of them.

Now, my comments on your build which is decent:
    LFE275 - you can have 280 rating for the same weight.
    LAMS - on an energy build this is questionable since it generates heat. You can have AMS+1 ton of ammo for the same space and tonnage. Also, I question its value on a mech with ECM. It always helps the team I suppose.
    6 JJs - that is awesome and I’d never run PXH-2 without a good number of JJs. You can remove 1 or 2 if you need the weight though.

My advice is to give up the AMS and try to push the engine rating to 300 (another DHS in the engine) and always go for full speed tweak skills - PXH has boosted accelerations so it really enjoys the extra speed - and increase survivability significantly.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Lorgot likes this.
  7. Eugee

Eugee Active Member

Thanks ShiverMeRivets.

I realized after I'd bought a pair of 275LEs that I could do a 280LE for the same weight. Ugh. I'll be switching of course. On the matter of the AMS on an ECM mech actually agree. Heat really hasn't been an issue, and I tried different things out. Another HS, BAP (sensor range boost), and bumping the engine up a little. Had a couple matches where I spent most of the match supporting the assaults/heavies against a lot of enemy LRMs and the combo was really, really helpful. So I decided to stick with it.

Totally agree there's a other options over the LAMS though. Honestly, it sounds kick ass, and that is a factor.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast