Politics, Opinons, The Universe and Everything

Thread in 'Betty's Playground' started by Michael, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

THIS THREAD WAS SPLIT OFF FROM THE THREAD OF HERO MECHS BECAUSE IT WAS GETTING FAR TOO OFF TOPIC. I HAVE CUT OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE FROM THE OTHER THREAD AND SPLIT THEM INTO THIS TOPIC

In regards to Hero Mechs; If the current trend of "manure mechs" continues it won't matter what it is because very few people will purchase and utilize it.

"Grimm, how can you say that?!?!?!"

I rarely, if ever, see La Malinche on the field and the Huginn, what I like to call Huggies cause they gotta get so damn close, is another mech that was underwhelming for a hero. The community reaction to these two mechs was less than stellar.

In my opinion, at this point, PGI should be more focused on pushing GAME content out and not attempting to fleece more money on shallow content like Hero Mechs. My money stays in my wallet. As long as people are willing to pay for this type of stuff they will continue to crank it out with very little real progress.

I've paid my dues and bought my MC and my hero mechs, packages and this that and the other. Now it is time to see some return on my investment.

2. Jacob Ling

Jacob Ling Benefactor

Sorry, but anything from NGNG, and [REDACTED] specifically, is [LESS THAN ACCURATE]. Everyone knows that [REDACTED] talks out of both sides of his mouth and now works for PGI directly. What is that saying "you can put a ribbon on a pig but it is still a pig"? There are far too many "Yes man" people over there to accurately represent the community. At least here people tell it like it is. Even if they do occasionally get temp banned by Michael. I've even heard that PGI's "secret test team" is made up of people who are essentially NGNG staffers or hang arounds. Yeah cause THAT is accurate polling for you /sarcasm

If PGI wanted some real information they would have said "MechSpecs, throw out a poll and see what people REALLY think"... cause guess what? This is where real opinions are posted. It is the more interactive version of MWO Reddit. Hell even Soy is allowed to post here and I think he is on the naughty list for a bunch of other places. Guys like that develop and push meta not people like [REDACTED]; who has a very vested interested in the success or failure of the game and you can't tell me that interest doesn't cloud his limited judgement (re "The game has never been more balanced than it is right now" comments).

I have spent more money on this game than I would ever care to admit and I am done. All I see every patch is a tweak here or a tweak there oh but wait!! There is a new mech you can buy and play in this unbalanced system!!! Seriously, I am paying for Russ to go to Seahawk games with this crap and I am done paying for it.

It is time to put up or shut up PGI! No more hero mechs and packages and bullshit until you develop more than Call of Duty with "mechs".

ADMIN EDIT: If you are talking about a body of people that is one thing but if you are specifically naming individuals in negative connotations that is a personal attack and thus subject to moderation.

3. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

Honestly though Michael, how many people would we need to stop buying things from PGI in order for them to change? How much "damage" (not literal property damage because that is illegal, more like a boycott) would we have to do in order for it to even make a dent in PGI and it's funding?

From what I understand it, PGI actually has tons of money, it's parent company funds it pretty well, just that the parent company wants more money, which is why there are all the cash grabs and what not in order to milk as much from us as is possible.

You have some four thousand members on this site right? Well, I can guarantee you that probably not even half of the MWO population have heard of or signed up on this site. And how much do other people spend? If normally we spend 20/30 bucks a month or two, and we have a whale buying twelve of his buddies $500 gold clan packs, we are so far behind that PGI can essentially ignore us.

If any of you want to hit PGI hard, you have to kill the whales. That is the only way you get any company to listen, because the company does not feed of the small fry, but the big meat that fuels it's hunger.

Not saying that I think this should be done, but my two cents about how much of an impact we would actually make by boycotting and not spending money.

(Not to mention not every member is active, only about twenty or more of us participate in discussions like these, many ignore this part of the site, the "politics" and just focus on optimizing their builds and ignoring what goes on around them like sheep in a herd)

P.S. Jacob, You got some major beef my friend, sometimes I feel like you come on this site just to shit all over PGI's parade and whip up a frenzy lol.

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Hate to say this, but how come a mech Hero prediction thread is turning into yet another PGI rant?
    While I do think there are many problems with how things are running by PGI, I don't think we need to turn every thread into this.
    Oh, and totally agree when it comes to NGNG, they are basically PGI's underling now, and I don't think things should be done this way.

Back to the topic, so Missile Blackjack? Sounds ok to me.

5. Bobs Your Uncle

Bobs Your Uncle Active Member

Politics IS a pain in the ass Blagg I agree with you but unfortunately this is a forum that does allow for freedom of speech or at least reasonable freedoms and so people exercise that right.

While I disagree with Jacobs specific phrasing I do agree with his message. PGI has had plenty of time to develop more than they have and all I see is a revolving door of 'mechs for money' with no real in depth content. It really is time to put up or shut up I also agree that anything coming out of the mouth of NGNG is definitely weighted to be more 'white knight' than representative of the community. NGNG's lips may move but it is Russ and Bryan's words that I hear and as far as I am concerned that is more PGI 'the sky isn't falling, the sky isn't falling' commentary. PGIs association with NGNG was an exceptionally unprofessional move on the part of PGI and smacks of amateur hour type tactics. If Michael ever hooked MechSpecs.com to PGIs wagon I would feel the same about this place and I would stop supporting it and passing word about it the way I have.

As for how many people would have to vote with their wallets? Not as many as people think. I refuse to believe that "revenue and player retention has never been better". If that is the case why haven't they hired a team that can develop the content that needs to be developed? Why haven't they delivered on the promises that they uttered to acquire the money that they already have? Why? Because the money simply isn't there. PGI is stuck in a cycle where the money they are getting in just barely keeps them in the black. This might allow them a little venture capital but not enough to really deliver on what they need to deliver on within the time frame they need to deliver it. Plain and simple.

Now on to topic!!!! The new hero will be a Quickdraw. However I won't be buying it because I also refuse to support the existing development cycles being spent the way they have been.

6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

@ Bobs Your Uncle
    I guess, you haven`t understood my pretty clear message, don`t you? Even if we all agree with his message, no reason to unload the frustration HERE on every occasion. What do you achieve with this action? Mechspecs is a forum to speak out your opinion primarly on things about Mechs, but Mechspecs is not a vehicle to bring players frustration to PGI. Never was and i guess will never happen. If you want to change something, address it to PGI directly. If you already gave up Hope on PGi, ok stop playing MWO, and pls stop lurking here only for chances to start new Shitstorms everytime. We already can read such things on the official Forums and it really sucks. Pls spare Mechspecs from that. Invest your Time & Money on some games, which makes you really happy. Move along. MWO is not the Call of Duty in real life. For **** sake, It`s only a game! Live with the consequences good or bad, if you ever throw money on Devs. If you paid too much, your own fault. Shitstorm on them HERE? You got nothing better to do?

Take Vergere for example. Man, i really miss him, he was soo active here on Mechspecs, it was always interesting and constructive to talk with him here. I really feel his deep disappointment, but i respect him for not placing his rage on PGI here. Maybe he is not even angry, but happy with playing some other cool games. I bet he is. Damn, Vergere, where are you?? :rofl:

BTT: I think, the BJ will make the race, because the mech is far more popular than the Quicky. PGI would make more money with it. So i place my bet on a Missile Jack. :cool:

dog_funtom likes this.
  7. Bobs Your Uncle

I understood your message fine I just chose to ignore it because I find you particularly abrasive and difficult to deal with. You see, this is a GENERAL DISCUSSION forum which means we can discuss anything related to MWO. PGI, IGP, NGNG, and who knows how many other acronyms, are all tied to MWO and thus within the purview of this forum.

You are free to not read or respond to things if you don't like them just as I am free to move on to other games. If I am not mistaken you are the one who takes exception to most things on here. You complain about people down voting you, you complain about Grimm not responding to your emails and then you write public posts about it, you complain about too much politics in a thread in the general discussion forum. Sure it is off topic but it all ties in together.

I don't even......

8. Sassafras

Sassafras MechSpecs Addict

Wow, controversial opinion here.. Blagg likes a BJ better than a Quicky... but I digress.

While I still enjoy the game, I am not thrilled by the direction PGI is taking in regards to releasing new content. I agree with Michael that I'm not buying more MC until we're playing the game that they promised us. The terrible, terrible Hero mechs recently are another reason (though boy howdy, the Ember does really make up for some of the junk they released)..

9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Wow, do i really envoke such an abrasive aura here in the forum? :rofl: I guess i have to work on my way to express myself better.

It is a difference of complaining things here, which has to do with Mechspecs, OR things which has only to do with PGI.

It is a difference of starting a constructive public discussion here about how to deal with general problems in mechspecs [e.g. with Trollvoters, who not only made me trouble, but as you can see many other members] OR starting a new Shitstorm in threads about new Hero Mechs. And not the first time.

Have you ever experienced here, that i started Shitstorms about PGI? That i try to express my frustrations about the Game, or about some devs? I never did, and never will. My complains here will alway focus on Mechspecs and its purpose. If you want to shitstorm do it on the official forum, if you want to post here, do it according to the purpose of this site.

Don`t misunderstand me, i don`t say, you cannot discuss anything here, i just say, there is no need to start shitstorms here. Maybe i sound abrasive, if i say my opinion about things, which is not my job here but of the Admin, and some of you might think, i am smugly. But try to see my true intentions. It's all about Mechspecs. ;)

@Sassafras
    Where did you get this?? :rofl: Actually i like the Quicky more, seriously, although i don`t have the same success like with my BJs. I only said, that from my impression in the community and what i see on the battlefield, the BJ is far more popular and the Quicky.. well, rarely seen played.

10. TheDevilsIncarnate

Michael, I appreciate you so much for the change in topic name ;)

And I still love you Blagg^_^

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

You know that i am not gay, do you? But maybe i should ask you first, if you are a cute girl. :rofl:

From all the anger i feel in the community about PGI, i think we should give em some time to bring out the CW. And if it dissappoints us again, just stop playing the Game and wait for Mechwarrior 5 with an epic solo-Campaign and much more epic real CW contents.

@PGI
    don`t ruin it this time! This is maybe your last chance!!! :rofl:

12. Mayestro

Mayestro Active Member

Well if it is about anything in here i want do some random ranting too! Why do people always complain about bad hero mechs. That makes no sense, because if you perform well in them it is much more heroic than to play the "i fit meta best mechs" (aka phract-3d and pals). So never forget what makes someone a hero is the fact that they did deeds which are hard to match and not simply crushed the weak (those people are usually accused of simple mass murder). :p

13. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

You bring up a valid point Mayestro. One man's trash is another man's treasure. That being said, when the major populous screams bloody murder about the underwhelming nature of a hero mech you can rest easy knowing that the chances are it IS a turd. Still, one person can take that turd and make it shine, for them, and that is great; more power to them!

14. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

I bought the Banshee LM, and I regret it. So much I sold it back. It's bad bad. Sure, I guess you could keep it for funsies. Do silly builds and stuff like that. Or heaven forbid a "balanced" build that we all know doesn't work in MWO land. I just know that even when I PUG dropped, in my player bracket, the Banshee LM just under performed.

I didn't even consider the Huggy monster.

The only chance PGI has of me getting another hero mechs is this:

1) It needs to be a Heavy or an Assault
    2) It needs to actually have functional hard points...

15. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Thats quite amusing as you are without doubt the most abrasive person on these forums to the point when I just gloss over 99% of what you said as its just a non stop rant/whine. ;)

16. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah I have zero interest in the Hugin but the other day I was literally terrorised by a pilot in one and wish I'd noted down his name as he/she was really good. Was downright humiliating when I started hiding from him to shoot at other people. :blush:

17. Bobs Your Uncle

And yet, here you are, responding to one of my posts. Odd, that.

18. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Alright kids, back on topic. This is a rant thread about a game, not about each other. I don't care if you don't get along, don't like each other or don't care to read each others posts; keep it on topic. Seriously, I've already given two people temp bans for throwing sand at each other and will do so again if required.

I suggest some of you learn to use the ignore feature by doing the following;

PROFILE > MODIFY PROFILE > BUDDIES/IGNORE LIST > EDIT IGNORE LIST

Geez, its getting to the point I need to make a Krakatoa / Jettisoned Communications on here as well then just take a few of you and throw you in there.

19. TheDevilsIncarnate

I volunteer myself as moderator of the new mechspecs K-town, and I think we should call it Bitchin' Betty's Playground ;)

20. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Well just to throw some more kerosene on the fire.... ;)

The most amusing thing about all the personal attacks, whining and vitriol is that its so pointless.

Why is it pointless?

Because the people pouring out all the vitriol aren't spending anyway.

People like me are and your challenge isn't wallowing in your own vitriol its trying to persuade ME not to spend money.

And you know what... the more bitter, twisted and offensive you are the less persuasive you are.

[​IMG]

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast