PNT-9R "Mayhem Jr" (2x PPC, 4x JJ, XL225) + 1 JJ Alt
4.75/5,

4 ratings

Thread in 'PNT-9R' started by Remarius, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

This is similar to my 10K ER Mayhem build. Runs cooler and speed is adequate for the role. Good JJ capability. Has the old problem of no weaponry for 0-89m.

Heat is much easier to control than the dual ER PPC version.

First match with no xp I had no heat problems and got a couple of kills while trying to learn the lead time.

[​IMG]

Will be interesting to judge the ER PPC vs PPC Panther's as I level them up. The PPC is definitely easier at the start.

A version for if you prefer speed over jump jets but the mech plays so well as a poptart I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

enileph likes this.
  2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

4/5,
    Probably what this mech is made for with the quirks.
    Runs a bit hot though.

3. Skillblack

Skillblack New Member

I use a variant on this, and I called it the Katana Kat after the Panther used by the Tetsuhara family in battletech lore.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
    Scientifica likes this.
  4. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Hold the phone, Remarius has 1129 screenshots? Yikes.

5. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

I've deleted a lot as well. ;)

6. millipede

millipede New Member

This will look like a LRM boat to other lights. As you said, no effective weapons for the 0-89m range, plus relatively slow speed and thin armor. My COM-2D just wants to give this variant a big hug ( and a few streaks ).

That said, I am going to try it out. I'll just need to stick tight to some friendlies.

7. Skillblack

Skillblack New Member

5/5,
    Excellent build, I use the XL250 variant myself and like it quite a bit.

8. epikt

epikt Benefactor

5/5,
    This mech is truly awesome.
    I mean, the damage output is not that great and the list of its drawbacks is fairly long, but I hadn't such a blast on this game since the day the Oxide's missiles finally registered.

edit:
    The ERPPC is much more efficient that one could have expected, thanks to a massive heat gen reduction quirk (-25%). Still a bit hotter than the standard PPC though, and I personally favor the later (I'm not good at heat management and tend to overuse the jumpjets).

Heat generation by numbers:
    ERPPC on the -10K: 9 per shot (60% of 15)(-25 from quirk, -15 from cool run perk)
    Standard PPC on the -9R: 7 per shot (70% of 10)(-15 from quirk, -15 from cool run perk)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    Remarius likes this.
  9. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

5/5,
    Currently my most successful panther build, the 2LPL version comes next. The two PPCs are a force to be reckoned with, one JJ is enough for me and I go with the max engine. Really powerful and sooo much fun, it's not even funny.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast