PIR-1 'Ripper Mk II' (1xcHSL, 2xcERuL, 12xcMG, cXL180)

Thread in 'PIR-1' started by Aylek, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Based on my 'Ripper' build this new version came to life based on the experience of how deadly those regular MGs are even against armored opponents. Therefore I wanted the 12th MG back for another try. Well, here it is. I am not sure wether I need the additional 0.5t ammo here while the lowered arm + head armor worries me a bit. Well, let's see.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. Aylek

Spotted Proton running around in pretty much this build. Not sure about his ammo & armor count, but the MKII seems to be pretty much spot on to me. @Remover of Obstacles did an excellent job with the 'Heavy Ripper' as well. I guess we probably found this variant's sweet spot somwhere between his and this build of the PIR-1.

Taking a step back, in theory the laser weapons should be primarly there to melt away a prey's back armor so the MGs can work on the target's internals. Dual ER-Micro + 1 HSL deal around 11 damage when hold on spot, which should be sufficient for exactly this job. However, playing PUG, CW / FP or tournaments often means you aren't able to simply swarm bigger targets from behind, but need to deal with a lot of front armor as well.

3. Aylek

4. Aylek

5. Aylek

[​IMG]

Joining the 1k+ club with this build. Eating a 3xLRM15 / no backup AWS all alone should have inflicted a massive amount of damage.

Falconium likes this.
  6. Aylek

7. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Amazing results, Aylek! Those are some pretty astounding numbers you're putting on the board with a 20-ton 'Mech.

8. Aylek

[​IMG]

511.xx average damage per match. This includes the ones where you turn a corner, face a massive Streak boat or dual Heavy Gauss and simply die.

I for myself love this little monster. However, please feel free to add to a discussion about this mech over here!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast