Pacific Rim came first... and now this!!! Holy sh*t!

Thread in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Blagg Zear, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Business

Business Advanced Member

Word.

Pacific Rim is probably the most fun I've ever had at the movies. I wanted to go to a comic con and start uppercutting people dressed as Kaiju left and right

2. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

So suggestion is to watch PR rather than G?

3. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

Sounds like: Pacific Rim - no story, all flash. Godzilla - little flash, all story. I was disappointed by Pacific Rim, but it sounds like Godzilla swings too much the other way. Oh well.

The new x-men is shaping up to be pretty solid so I'll put my hopes on that one. Hell, even Marky Mark may make the Transformers not so cringe-worthingly bad on the human-acting side later this year.

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Well Edward's Version is something like "The Dark Knight"/Nolan Version of Big G. It has a very Dark tone, no fun elements, epic CGI Scenes and brutal Sound Effects. It's technically a Masterpiece. The story well.. some will love it if Nolan Style is prefered. For all the other ones who expect some fun Action like in Pacific Rim will be unsatisfied. I will watch the movie again. It is a Standalone Project and definitely a worthy translation of the very first Gojira. You have to watch it yourself. :)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Damn, i want to see the next awesome Giant Mecha/Monster Movie out of boredom. lol

One Franchise should get a Remake in Pacific Rim Style. Would be totally awesome, coz 'was one of my childhood tv shows.. and bet there are zillions of other people to want it too ^_^^_^^_^

(okok, the story is totally crap from the view of an adult, but maybe some creative scriptwriters can give it an epic background story :rofl:)

6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Gundam or another mecha anime needs a huge budget movie imo.

Cyril Ray likes this.
  7. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

The Problem with Gundam or any other Anime Mecha Movie would be the same like with Battletech/MechWarrior - Exploding Budget with soo many Mechas and Future City/Landscape Designs.

But something like Pacific Rim with some few Mechas and Big Villain Monsters - it would be easier to create.

I`m still waiting for a Real Version of NGE, but i think maybe in 20 yrs. :rofl:

8. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

It would be a whole lot more doable than any other mecha, that's for sure!

BTW, a couple months ago I saw a huge cloud that stood out. It looked like a giant Rei head... freaked me out!

Then my friend showed me these and I instantly thought of NGE for some reason

[​IMG]

9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Awesome man! Really scary! :rofl:

btw.. cosplay project:

Fan Trailer:

And here maybe the best Cast for the Live Action Movie:

..ow besides did you know that the Japanese are really freaks (in a positive way :rofl:)?

10. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

11. Business

Business Advanced Member

Mammatus clouds. I never saw them in 20 years of badass Florida thunderstorms but I move out to Utah and I see these after almost every single storm---assuming we even get a thunderstorm during the summer. This place sucks for thunderstorms :(

12. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

There, fixed for you :p

13. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Mecha anime do NOT need a movie. ESPECIALLY not one directed/exploded by Michael Bay. Not a single mechanical thing should be subjected to such horrible generalising Mech-racism where you can't discern where one robot ends and the other begins.

Really though, just watch anime instead :D

14. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Dispossessed

So a bit delayed here as it seems the conversation has moved on...

But as a big Godzilla fan the new movie was a bit disappointing for me. I liked a lot of it but I didn't like the direction they chose with it. I was hoping for a re-imagining of the original Godzilla film, which I feel would have been a better start for a franchise reboot. Godzilla isn't the good guy. He's the anti-hero. And an anti-hero needs more buildup time for people to hate and fear him. Unfortunately this film very firmly establishes Godzilla as the good guy... that just happens to destroy a lot of stuff in the process. I am disappointed but not surprised.

Also, I think they could have done more with the allegory that Godzilla is (or at least was before he became a children's action movie hero). They touched on it a bit in the movie but in didn't feel as prominent as I would have liked. But that is probably due to the fact that it wasn't just a Godzilla film and more a Godzilla Vs. ______ film. Oh well. Honestly the best thing the movie did was the intro. That intro was amazing. The old newsreel style stuff. Brilliant.

Good Godzilla film over all but as a fanboy I just wanted more. Admittedly the film I wanted would probably not have been as popular with the people who just wanted to watch giant monsters fight each other.

15. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

As we talked about Mecha Animes.. check out the new Appleseed Movie:

16. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Yepp, yesterday i saw the new Transformer Movie. OMG, you are sooo right! Michael Bay is a great Action Scene Choreography Director. But when it comes to deciding what and how to tell a Story, he is soo chaotic. Sometimes i have the feeling he is a Kid, which smokes Grass and his Movies are out of his devastating Fantasies. :rofl:

17. Business

Business Advanced Member

We'll see how the live-action Patlabor turns out and then I'm probably going to agree with anime staying anime and not going live action. I'm quite fond of the Patlabor animes (3 to a much lesser degree) and it's kind of like an anime version of Front Mission 3 at times.

h2kynMzTqu4

F4P8eOH89ow

Regina Redshift likes this.
  18. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Holy SHIT That Pliosaurus!!!!! *SCREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM* :eek:

Solahma and skribs like this.
  19. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Godzilla is on screen for 8 minutes total and there was so much stupid in the plot it felt like a B movie with A grade effects. However, there is one 5 second clip of the movie that was so full of badass it made the whole movie worth it. If you've seen it, you know what I mean.

I hope JW is mostly dinosaurs and people are there as filler...literally filler for the dinosaurs' stomachs.

20. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

[​IMG]

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast