Over 700?

Thread in 'Orion' started by Shilkor, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Shilkor

Shilkor New Member

Hey guys!
    I bought my 1st Orion at 11 sept, the V type. after 17th sept I bought K and VA version. Elite level done, but not Master. After 277 match with my favorite ON1-V, I got the decent fit for me:

( http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/index.php?topic=3765.0 )

I know I am not a great mechpilot yet, but done 700+ damage with my AS7-D. Usually I do 400+ damage with this Orion, but best is about 651.
    What can you advice to me? Change weapons, or change playstyle for more damage?
    Or basically CAN DO more than 700 damage with an Orion?

What is your best damage? (and with what type of weapons?)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

ML is best damage.

As for advice, watch other play the game, and learn from them. record your self and watch what you do, and learn from that how to improve.

3. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Too little info to give advice, we don't know if you make any mistakes. Have to tell us more on what you do if you want specifics.

General advice on gameplay? Stick with the group, focus fire, get on TS3 and play with a lancemate or more. Use weapons you feel are good for you, that you can do damage with and control. Adjust your mouse pointer speed to fit your twist speed ingame, make the game feel more accurate to IRL hand movements. Game when not tired. Learn how enemies move on the map, predict your moves and theirs on terrain to gain advantages.

4. Shilkor

Shilkor New Member

Thank you for tips, you gave me some way, where I can go atm. Like mouse pointer speed, accurate.
    I think I loose lots of dps in brawling, when I have to move out from 90m for fire with PPC.

5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

700+ Damage should be no problem , but to not get cored in the first engagement, that is the challenge with the Orion! You just need to play them like a Skirmisher - Hard Strike and then return to cover/to your mob. And don't forget to permanently torsotwist and use arms to shield your CT. Just don't stay in a 1on1 fight, strike hard and get to another target, while leading the opponent to your mob and let them deal with him. You can return to him later. Just dance around and avoid incoming damage as good as you can. You should have at least 2 Weapons that can shoot over long Range.

just played a round, if my whole team was not killed off completely already, maybe i could have done up to 1K Damage. :rofl:
    [​IMG]

6. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

Your build already runs pretty hot, so I don't think you can add many more weapons.

The MLas is has good damage/ton, but it has a refresh of 4 seconds. The V just doesn't have the energy hardpoints to really take advantage of the MLas.

If you want crazy damage, SRMs are good too. They don't have the fastest reload speed, but a good SRM volley will ruin someone's day.

Here's two ideas that I had.
    Better brawling damage, runs cooler, but uses an oversized engine. If you only manage to put the XL325 on this puppy, it'll still work, you'll just have more leg armor.

Hotter, less of a 1-click solution, more brawl damage and dps

I'm going to be honest with you, I've never piloted an Orion, and I don't know their quirks. My second solution is basically a 5-ton heavier version of the Centepede.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  7. Shilkor

Shilkor New Member

Blagg, link your K fit plz, I would try out it.

8. Shilkor

Shilkor New Member

697 damage last night.

ON1-V

9. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

10. SabbatH

SabbatH Junior Member

Ah so it is not only me who cannot get over 700 dmg with Orion ;) I play in a K version of this mech - average dmg is around 400 dmg...not many with an heavy mech but I get many kills, components destruction and usually end with 80 % of health if the map is won. Orion is a good mech but I notice you cannot go crazy with it - I mean get inside a battle and brawl like a berserk.

11. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Took out my Protector for a ride yesterday and got a pretty good round including several kills and aroun 650ish damage. I will add a screenshot when I am back from work.

The main obstacle for me is that I am used to kill opponents as quickly as possible, which means I am aiming for components which are either vital / important (such as a DDC's right torso) or which are already got their armor stripped off.

12. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Screenshot as promised.

[​IMG]

13. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

wow did a new high score with my ON1-K! :cool:

[​IMG]

(1x LRM20+A, 1x LRM10+A, 1x UAC5, 3x MLas, TAG, XL300) -> "Escape from Orion"

14. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

Wow! I can see that you can get over 700 but...

CAN YOU GET OVER 9000!?!?! :cool:

15. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

9000 ??? :wtf:

.. i think yeah! - in my dreams :rofl:

16. TheDevilsIncarnate

Haha!

In case you didn't know, that was a Dragon Ball Z reference. I absolutely adored that show.

17. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

ow you mean that classic meme of Vegeta's error translation... haha

i'm not a DB-Fan, but yeah i heard of it :rofl:

18. TheDevilsIncarnate

19. SuicidalBaby

SuicidalBaby Well-Known Member

20. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

SuicidalBaby, i finally could beat your highscore! Yeaaaahoooooooooooo

[​IMG]

(1x UAC5, 1x AC5, 2x SRM4, 2x MLas Vicious)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast