ON1-K "Ultramarine" (2x SRM6+A, 1x LBX10, 4x MLas, STD300)

Thread in 'ON1-K' started by Black Pearl, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Black Pearl

Black Pearl New Member

When I buy the Orion did for her modeling, I really liked as Mech, Then it looked to Build by default suffered defeat after defeat and even I read that Orion was a Mech Mediocre destined for a life without success, since its hitboxes.
    Eventually I started to build my own Builds, and I started to see success. Today I have 3 Orions to Masters level, still under construction as there are always things to improve until you find the correct build. But I can tell you one thing.
    The Orion is Brutal, is a caged beast waiting for you to release the string. It really is far the best purchase I've made in the mwo.
    Hold inhuman punishment, it can be between 2 or 3 enemy mechs and get away with integer and 2 o 3 kills for me, or without an arm but victor, I have come to tanking for 1 minute punishment 4 Heavies and 2 light mechs, reinforcements arrive or my Lance and Full out there to keep fighting ... the satisfaction it gives me play with this mech really have no words.

Currently these are my Builds winners, that give me the most victories in my games, logically sometimes also depends a lot on how united and coordinated they are my team, but the Orion, these variants know fend alone.
    Still never hurts advice in that it can be improved, sometimes I feel that I fall short with the engine speed, sometimes I feel this more than good. Anyway, I share

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2015
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Solid build with great firepower, but, it's quite low ammo and quite hot. With quirks for both the cooldown on Ballistics AND Missiles, this becomes even more dangerous for heat and ammo consumption...

Personally, I would try one of the following, downgrade to standard SRM4s for ammo and cooling, or push a big XL350 in, again - giving you room for more DHS and ammo.

Either will give you a 25% increase in sustained DPS, more crit-padding, and while I know an XL seems dangerous here, the ON1 has a pretty substantial CT... I often run an XL360 so you get that 15kph boost over the STD300.

Just ideas to get a more sustainable monster! :D

Cheers.

3. Black Pearl

Black Pearl New Member

Mmm looks interesting, I'm not a big fan of XL's but the numbers change quite and 15% boost in speed, remains a + 15% proves it and then I will comment that this was me. Thanks for the review.

Cpt Chattahah likes this.
  4. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I'd like more DHS and 1/2 ton more of SRM ammo, the ammo is easy to spread with minimal risk for explosions, removing the case. Something like this :

The Orion is very durable, so I like the STD engine.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast