NVA-P "Jack in a Box" (2x cERPPC)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Nova Omni Builds' started by Remarius, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Big Rico

Big Rico Active Member

I am having a bit of trouble getting use to this build, but I tell ya what it sure is fun! Using A and B torso hardpoints.

2. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

At the end of the month, the "A" variant will be available for cbills. The LA and RA of the A will provide a total -6% heat generation for ERPPC as well as a +15% velocity. A slight nerf of 4% heat, but that velocity will be more noticeable than the loss I predict. "B" Torso also provides 5% energy cooldown as well.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  3. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

The build is great, I use B legs for max accel. and TC in the CT for "critpadding" (I know, almost never going to happen, still never had critical head armor)

[​IMG]

Killing the last UAC dire from 1KM is priceless :)

Big Rico likes this.
  4. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Funny thing is, I did some in-depth reading on how crits work in MWO, and putting anything into your CT will actually increase the damage it takes once armor is gone. You can crit engines in the game, but once an engine loses it's HP, nothing happens. There are no engine death by crits, only by losing all internal structure of that engine component.

So putting a TC in the CT increases the chance of your enemy landing a crit which results in a 15% damage increase PER crit.

Not to mention you will simply lose your TC if it's crit and destroyed. That would be a pitty if your CT is barely open, but a crit took it out. Still not sure if the velocity changes once the TC is destroyed. I recorded some science footage of the effects of losing a large TC. Some of the effects from TCs actually remain even after destroyed, not all though.

Just some fyi ;)

Motörhead likes this.
  5. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Didn't know that :) Always thought more non-explosive equipment in, more engine crit protection (so, is it the same for DHS?).

I think first you would keep the effects, but after 2 patches or so, it says "TC destroyed" with an actual message ingame, so I think now more benefits if not all are lost.

6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I tested and recorded a lot of science regarding TC effects. I know for sure the energy range remains the same even when a TC7 is destroyed. Not just the value next to the weapon, but the actual damage range tested on Alpine. Not sure if velocity is also unchanged, need to finish looking at the footage. No real good way to test if crits effect is still present. Targeting speed changed back to normal when destroyed though. Really inconsistent.

7. Soy

Soy Min-Max Maniac

Put in hed

Solahma likes this.
  8. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

5/5,
    Started running this for shits and giggles this morning. I have 17DHS and a TC2 for that little bit of extra velocity. Mindset of play is essentially that of a Summoner with less armor. Excellent at harassing and heat management is far nicer than the equivalent build on a Shadow Cat.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast