Invasion NSR-9S "Nein Strike" (2xGauss, 3xERLL, TC1, LE300)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'NSR-9S' started by CarloArmato, Oct 27, 2017.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

EDIT: this build is now obsolete due to FNR-5B "Hidden meta's arm" (2xGR, 3xERLL, TC1, ECM, LE300) and Corsair (multiple variants, especially the one with 10% range quirk)

Medium to long range sniper. Kinda classic and meta, more "clanner style" due to the fact there is no ghost heat and you can fire anything at once... Also the -10% ballistic cooldown will really come in handy to sync the gauss rifles with the ERLLs.

Without skills you will overheat at the 3rd alpha strike, but once skilled you will be able to fire 3 times with very little delay. Definitely an invasion build due to pinpoint capabilities once properly skilled.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  2. CarloArmato

UPDATE: this build is REALLY meta and powerful in the right maps (don't bother in very long range maps due to lack of range quirks), so it is a very good addition to your invasion drop deck if you are gonna drop in a mid-long range map.

Excalibaard likes this.
  3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

5/5,
    While I'll never like the long range assaults, it's undeniably very strong. Not sure if this is better than doing it on a king crab though.

4. CarloArmato

Mostly hardpoint location and slightly better speed / acceleration: king crab arms are really low, while on the nighstar every weapon is at least at cockpit level (with the only exception of a single ERLL, which is slightly lower), so with a nighstar you can actually poke from the top of a hill without exposing for too long and too much of the mech itself.

I would also say "tonnage", but only -5 ton is really debatable... Quirks and the additional slots available and hence cooling are actually really nice on a King Crab.

Regina Redshift likes this.
  5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

The quirks and extra dhs you get are why I mentioned it. Not sure if the higher NSR hardpoints make up for the worse quirks. Fair point on acceleration too btw

6. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

On the one hand, I want a jump jet in this build. On the other hand, there's really no way to carve out those 2T without removing something important.

CarloArmato likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast