NSR-9J "Morningstar"(2xGauss, 4ERML, LE300)

Thread in 'NSR-9J' started by Grief3R, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Grief3R

Grief3R New Member

Probably can afford to throw a few DHS and put an AMS there, or chuck in MPLs instead of the ERMLs. If only there wasn't a hand actuator, we'd be able to slap 6 ERMLs on this beast.

CarloArmato likes this.
  2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Classic meta is classic, but the MAL-2P can fit 6xERML. Maybe it would be better with UAC-10?

About this build, you should also consider drop 1 ton of ammo for a TC1: you will rarely fire more than 30 alfastrikes, even more unlikely if you have the ammo nodes (with max skills, 5 ton of ammo equal to 6 ton worth of ammo).

Grief3R likes this.
  3. CarloArmato

P.S.: you should also consider editing your title to comply the FAQ naming convention

4. Grief3R

Grief3R New Member

Yeah I was discussing with a couple of unit mates and I was feeling uneasy about the fact that I couldn't make use of the 2 additional laser slots. Uac 10s would be great if I changed the engagement range. Stil not gonna be able to fit the additional lasers though. Rather frustrating that the WHM can fit as much and move faster.

RE: Naming convention, I'm assuming the error is Engine size should be the last one? cant seem to edit the title :(

5. CarloArmato

Forget abouth the UAC10: they need the same amount of slots of the Gauss... So unless you want to be a brawler with MPL, it's not worth it.

To edit the title, you should find a "edit thread" or some "options" on the top right corner of your first post.

The title convention is
    MECH-VARIANT "somename" (1xWEP1, 2xWEP2, utilities, STD/LE/XL/cXLxxx)

No need to specify the number of HeatSinks, but it should not prevent others to look for your build

Excalibaard likes this.
  6. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I've edited the title for you Grief3R! :) Welcome to MechSpecs and thanks for filling up the new sections a little!
    UAC10 has the same slot usage as the GR, LBX10s would work though :)

@CarloArmato Since you're very productive in mentioning the FAQ to people, you can use this:
    Code:
    [faq=8][/faq]
    to do this:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    CarloArmato likes this.
  7. CarloArmato

*while reading the code script*
    I won't disappoint you, sensei

8. Davoodoo

Davoodoo New Member

69% heat efficiency before any nodes, not enough weapons imo.

or

9. Grief3R

Grief3R New Member

Thanks all! After some play time, I actually prefer the NS-9S for a gauss build myself since I have enough slots for 2 ERLL, or 3 LPPC.

10. Davoodoo

Davoodoo New Member

Why stop at 2??

Grief3R likes this.
  11. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

original build with max engine.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast