Casual NSR-9J "Face melter" (2xRAC5, 6xML, LE345)
4.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'NSR-9J' started by CarloArmato, Oct 26, 2017.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

My unit mates were losing hope with the Nightstar. After throwing at them some theory-crafted builds, I've decided to suggest them to try out RAC5 on this assault... And it turns out it works: I've always thought that anything bigger than a medium with RAC5s was kind of a waste or risky (every attempt on my Mauler failed), since RAC5 are mainly a brawl weapon, but it turns out you can fit a very big punch with this mech despite being hot.

[​IMG]

This is a brawler: you should try to move in the optimal range of your RAC5 and medium and you melt whatever component you are aiming at. Since RAC5 has the highest DPS and longest range, if you get hot they get the priority over medium lasers.

If you are feeling a little too fast or want to fit something else, just downgrade to a lower rating engine and fit the utilies you like most (AMS, TC1 etc.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enchiridion and Excalibaard like this.
  2. Marbak75

Marbak75 New Member

4/5,
    I struggeld with fitting out my Nightstars too. This build is very solid.

3. R1Type

R1Type New Member

This is the only really good NSR build going imho and the 'J' is the only really good variant. Everything else kinda falls pretty flat, then there's this which just feels right and gets proper results consistently. Anything in your sights just melts/gets fully blinded and you got the armour to pull off face timing.

4. R1Type

R1Type New Member

5/5,
    Great build on best mech variant

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast