SOLVED Move link to left side.

Thread in 'Suggestions, Bugs and Feedback' started by Remover of Obstacles, Jun 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Can we move the link to the left side so that it can be opened up on mobile devices?

On phones, the right side can get cut off so the link isn't accessible.

Lorgot likes this.
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

You should be able to scroll the mech card by swiping when it overflows the width (e.g. on a phone), which should allow you to open them. It works on my android phone, but if it doesn't work on your device, let me know.

For the layout of these cards e.g. moving the link to the left, that's depending on @Kill2Blit .

3. Must be an iOS issue.

Swiping moves the card and webpage together for me. Doesn't reveal more of the card.

Maybe I am missing something obvious.

Lorgot likes this.
  4. Excalibaard

Does this also happen for smurfy?

5. Smurfy has the same issue.

If you rotate phone (wide way), you can just catch link partial at the right edge so it still works (kind of).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  6. Excalibaard

Helps me to locate the problem though, as it probably means all iframes have the same problem. I'll see how I can get some fixes through for safari mobile.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  7. Greatly appreciated, but don't worry about getting to it immediately if you are busy.

The smurfy iframe works, I just have to be a bit carefully with my fat fingers to get it. :)

8. Excalibaard

Well, ideally the scrolling would work too ;p

I'm going to be in the middle of moving in a week, so I hope I can get it done before then.

9. ShiverMeRivets

ShiverMeRivets Well-Known Member

I have the same problem.
    Stupid iOS here as well.

10. Excalibaard

The iOS Safari browser is apparently notorious...

I think I've fixed it. Don't have an iPhone to test, so please let me know if you can scroll the embedded build cards now (only mechDB for now, if it works I'll port the fix to other embeds). Corsair or other new mechs should be the best place to find MechDB :)

11. The whole page moves left and right now. But it doesn't expose the right side of the embedded build card.

12. Excalibaard

Tried something new, and looked for iPhone emulators to test it myself but can't find a good one. How does it do now?

13. That worked.

Able to scroll and click link.

Well done!

Thank you very much.

Excalibaard likes this.
  14. Excalibaard

No problem!

I'll work on implementing them for smurfy and other large embeds too, then attempt to fix a minor bug with two scrollbars.

Setting this issue to solved :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast