Misery "Bustov's Misery" (1xAC20, 3xLL, AMS, STD300)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Misery' started by Bustov, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Bustov

Bustov Active Member

I've had quite a few different builds and this seems to work best for me. Packs a punch and is fairly maneuverable.

One of my better runs with it
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

You know that you have zero Armor in your smurfy build, do you?

your build works without FF (save some bucks) but some more Heatsinks:

Personally i would add an SRM6.Launcher, but Triple LLas is hot & strong enough for most Brawls. Update your OP build and await some ratings ;)

3. Bustov

Bustov Active Member

Hey thanks for the info, my first post on here with a mech and it appears you are correct, I have quite a few tons to work with if I loose the Ferro Fibrosis armor. I'll have to play in the mech lab.

After spending a little time there i refined the build taking advantage of the extra weight I could add, so maxed armor and added 3 heat sinks.

4. Vyx

Vyx Junior Member

Been running this build for some time now. Best mech there is, imo.

Simple, and brawls like a sonofagun.

5. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Cat's out of the bag/I thought this was already posted, this is my Misery build. I run a decoy arm for better left-to-right side balance, more armor where I actually want it, and then use the tonnage saved to add AMS.

LLas/ERLLas interchangeable per pilot preference of course. I go with ERLLas up high because they're more likely to be used at long ranges, and one cooler LLas in CT for CQC heat management.

I would recommend against SRMs. I've played quite a few rounds with this mech, and never felt it lacking in CQC. SRMs just spread damage anyways, this mech is about punching a hole with your AC20 and then using your lasers as a scalpel to finish the job.

Falconium likes this.
  6. Serious Table

Serious Table Well-Known Member

This build is disgustingly effective. Keeps it simple, keeps it painful, just too much fun.

I did what tfun90 did by putting two LLas in the right arm opposite the AC/20, just to keep as much firepower in play as possible if I lose that torso with a giant gun sticking out of my side. Performed beautifully. 5/5.

7. Bustov

Bustov Active Member

Made changes to match tfun90, the results were great
    [​IMG]

8. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

This chassis is a beast, I love it! The build is nasty too, I just got my Misery today,
    and the first few games (before maxing mech tree) were already great.
    Averaging 400-700 dmg done, using the following build:

5/5 stars for the idea. Keep those stalkers rollin' !

9. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Merged Bustov's Misery with "Bringing It" as they are the exact same build.

10. Xabriel

Xabriel New Member

Love this build! I have been running the same as Rawdigga for a while though I dropped a ton of ammo for an extra heatsink. 5/5 for me

11. petrolhead

petrolhead New Member

Noob question here: what are your play styles when playing this mech and this build?

I just bought a misery and am trying this build, but for the life of me I can't break 300 dmg a round. most rounds i dont even break 150. I usually try to snipe from afar with ERLLas and then AC20 anyone who gets within range.

tips for a noob? thanks!

PS: I'm new to the assault class, more used to fast moving mediums and swift heavies.

12. Conspiriologist

Conspiriologist Active Member

Had my first breakout night in this. My first couple nights were lackluster, due I think to not being familiar with the new, slow AC-20s. Anyway, last night I had my first 1000 point build in this chassis, followed by a 5 kill game, followed by a 7 kill game.

13. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Yes, Conspiriologist, I was there last night for that 1000+ dmg match, though I was in a Blackjack on the opposite team! You laid the killing blow on me, right after I took down that triple-ERPPC Awesome. It was a good match! :rofl:

Oh, and though I've never tried it, the build looks alright. :)

14. Conspiriologist

Conspiriologist Active Member

Cheers! I've got a screenshot of the match. You had by far the best score on your team. Just one of those matches where you didn't have any help.

15. Rawdigga

Rawdigga Junior Member

I really loved that build, but with the downgraded AC20 Range and clanner superb range weapons, I felt this not working as good as before... Anyone still having fun on this?

16. Bustov

Bustov Active Member

I'm still getting good damage and kills. My play style is more laid back. I let the clan mechs soak up the damage.
    [​IMG]

17. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

5/5,
    Post quirks and LL change bump, optimized for shielding and using all slots.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast