MDD-RV 'We don't need no stinking lasers' (4xcLRM15A, LTAG, CAP) set

Thread in 'Revenant' started by ShooterMcGavin80, Dec 4, 2018.

1. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 Active Member

Technically the LTAG is a laser, but eh.

Everyone needs a LRM cancer mech in their garage. And the MDD-RV is great for it! Good mobility, relatively small profile, excellent heat management. 10% velocity quirk. Enough weight to pack some serious missile launchers and enough ammunition to back it up. You can alpha all your launchers without racking up too much heat.

Be aggressive with your LRM's. Get in there and LRM from 500 meters down to 200 meters. Constantly keep positioning yourself for a clear missile line while ideally keeping terrain between you and the enemy. Keep shooting. Only expose if you have backup with you. You will be hamstrung on maps with a lot of cover, but on open maps you can rack up serious damage. Take 2 UAV's and pop them wisely.

Skill tree:
    https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=jsonbin1.5befa4733c134f38b01a387e#s=Weapons

2. rinco

rinco Active Member

Cbill version is exactly the same but with a 5% velocity quirk...

The MDD-RV is the only variant with CT hard points. I am surprised you don't take advantage of this... we don't need stinky lasers but we want them anyways!

Excalibaard likes this.
  3. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 Active Member

In my opinion ERML's are best paired with ERLL, HLL, LPL, UAC10's, UAC5's, or Guass as damage amplifiers. As a 'backup weapon' or damage amplifier for LRM's ERML really aren't that good. Their high heat hurts your DPS. Their long burn duration makes them pretty much useless versus fast nimble lights and mediums that might be harassing you. Theoretically they can be used to snipe off a red component, but your LTAG actually works quite well to keep your damage concentrated in the torso area. If you shoot your ERML's, you'll rack up heat and not be able to continuously fire your primary damage dealers.

If you haaad to load a backup laser weapon on this thing I would go 3xERSL, HSL, SPL, or ERuL. SPL version: