Casual MCII-1 "Deadshot v2" (2xcLBX20, 4xcMPL, 2xcSRM6+A, cXL325)

Thread in 'MCII-1' started by CarloArmato, May 30, 2018.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

I was actually looking for a name for this build, when I've noticed that the MCII-1 "Deadshot" (2xcLBX20, 4xcHML, 2xcSRM6, 1xJJ, cXL360) was very similar to this one... So I've decided to check out how it does actually perform compared to that build.

Slow for being a clan Mad Cat, good alpha, way less spread compared to the HML and non-Artemis version, very similar cooling (+1 DHS) but same overall cooling efficiency, which grants a slightly better sustained and maximum DPS. I haven't tested this build yet, but I'm pretty sure you can alpha strike twice without overheating once you have maxed heat gen and operation skills.

Due to the fact MPLs have an overall 3.9 s total cooldown (cooldown + duration) you do have good synced shots (except for the SRM due to a -10% cooldown quirk), so you should be able to kill bigger targets with only 2 alpha strikes: 92+92=184 instead of 104+64=168 damage (HMLs will still be "realoding" when SRMs and LBXs are ready). Obviously, if anything survives those 2 alpha strikes you will be really hot, so fire only the LBXs (coolest with highest DPS and alpha strike) and the SRMs (if you are no more inside the critical heat level).

Now go out there and scare whoever dares to face you upclose... If you manage to get close in the first place, due to the relatively low speed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I'd remove Artemis and mount more ammo for the LBX20s instead, so you don't need to conserve ammo as much with your main weapon (which you fire extra when you get hot). Artemis increases the weight of the launcher by 67% and the spread reduction is marginally useful (5 --> 3.75, 3.75 is still a lot).

3. CarloArmato

I don't like the idea of a cSRM6 without artemis: it spreads too much. Maybe SRM4 will do, so you can even max out armor

4. Excalibaard

cSRM4 has a spread of 4.5, not much less than a cSRM6.

I understand artemis for IS SRMs, but with clan SRMs it adds proportionally much more weight, and it's trying to fix an inherent weakness while more severely limiting the strengths of the cSRM (its absurdly low weight, making it easy to add to powerful builds as an extra, without having to sacrifice much ammo or armor)

5. CarloArmato

@Excalibaard also, this: https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/247650-effective-optimum-ranges-of-srms-and-lbx-due-to-spread/

Even if this post was pre artemis nerf, this gave me an idea of how much terrible clan SRMs are without artemis. This is very important to me because, as an assault, it is very likely that I won't be hugging my target and I won't be able to get close in fast to minimize spread once I spot a target... Also, damage not dealt on the intended component is wasted damage and heat generated for nothing, so I prefer not to give up precision on these SRMs.

I do understand that LBX ammo is low, but sacrifcing SRM precision would make these SRMs kinda useless, so I would move back to my previous build with no SRMs and more cooling / speed / ammo... MCII-1 "2nd Karm of the Dam Cat" (2xcLBX20, 4xcMPL, 1xJJ, cXL350)

Anyway, if in theory I need ~3 LBX+SRM alpha strikes to kill a single mech, it means that I have enough ammo to kill 6 fresh mechs... It is good enough for me, considering I do have cold blood and good aim most of the times... But like you I'm sure the lack of ammo will kick in if I won't get focused by the enemy team.

Still, I'll try it out this evening with both artemis and not.

6. Excalibaard

Whether the srms all hit the same component or not, it's 24 extra damage to include them, not a small deal. All srms appear to reach their max spread around 40m from our own tests.

It's a personal preference, but i've found that cSRM6 without artemis are generally more useful as a backup weapon in my playstyle, because you can mount a bunch of them and use the artemis tonnage/slots to improve your base build.

7. CarloArmato

1st drop... Very lucky, 4 kills, 3 solo kills, 4 KMDD, 4 assists, 1000+ damage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Game was recorded, I'll upload it this night
    EDIT:

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Aylek likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast