MAL-MX90 "Dime Chucker" (2xAC10, 2xLRM10, 2xML, AMS, STD300)

Thread in 'MAL-MX90' started by OD_Doc, May 17, 2016.

1. OD_Doc

OD_Doc New Member

">MAL-MX90</a>

This has been a fun long/med range blend.

2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Welcome to mechspecs!
    Please change title according to format:
    MAL-MX90 "Dime Chucker" (2x AC10, 2x LRM10, 2x ML, AMS, STD300)
    As for the build:
    1) would be good to add BAP if you use LRM.
    2) may need more LRM ammo.
    3) may need more armor in some places. You can strip 1 arm and focus on the other instead.

3. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

Fixed, Welcome to MechSpecs!!

4. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Looks pretty similar to a build I saw MoltenMetal running on YouTube:

The LRMs are not a primary weapon used in fire-for-effect mode. They are to give your AC-10s some extra mid-range punch. Essentially, it's a targeted 40-point midrange alpha with the missiles + AC10s, and then the MLs as backup when up close or short on ammo. Skimping on leg armor is common on heavier mechs, and the arms on this are largely shields, as each only houses a ML.

5. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I dropped in this 'Mech prematurely. I bought the Mech, set the armor values, used weapons and engine I had in inventory, but was short the 2.4 million for DHS and ES. So I dropped in other Mechs until I could afford endo-steel. I got ES, but was still 4 tons under, because I didn't have DHS, and there's no point putting SHS in as a placeholder.

So, I go back to the menu and drop, but this time I had forgotten to change into a fully-configured 'Mech! With 10 SHS instead of 14 DHS I managed to get 490 damage and 2 kills on Alpine. So the build works great at mid-to-long range. It will be even better when I can sustain damage.

6. OD_Doc

OD_Doc New Member

Glad you like it. I know its not so popular to have a mix bag seems everyone likes to min/max but this build feels like what the frame was made for

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast