MAD-3R "Thunderfist" (4x PPC, 3x MG, XL340)
4.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'MAD-3R' started by Baradul, May 18, 2016.

1. Baradul

Baradul Junior Member

Hot and risky but highly rewarding! This is the 4x PPC Marauder. In this Mechwarrior Online build I showcase what you can do if the game lasts a bit longer and you have a team that values stand and shoot tactics.

The Mech is mainly build around the 4 PPCs which are fired in pairs to avoid ghost heat. With a good aim you can deliver 40 damage to the point across a distance of about 600 meters. So I consider this as a mid range sniper build.

Your best position is in the middle of your team on an elevated spot behind cover where the enemy can't reach you. Make sure that you always have backup because once your minimum range of 90 meters gets underrun you are not able to defend yourself on your own.

Her is how it plays like:

invernomuto and Excalibaard like this.
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Really enjoyable video! I've shied away from main long range weapons in the arms because of their relatively low mounted positions (see that part where you fired everything into the ground), but when used as a boom jager with more range I think it works fine ^^

3. 197mmCannon

197mmCannon New Member

5/5,
    Love this build. The XL makes me nervous but so far I have had very good games in it.

4. Badenweiler

Badenweiler New Member

I love it. This build makes use of quirks!

5. Pretzalcoatl

Pretzalcoatl New Member

don't like the XL so I run this

6. Bad Dragon

Bad Dragon Benefactor

I prefer this version for slightly extra speed, an extra engine heatsink slot, and 1 more heatsink since I don't find the machine guns very helpful. Whenever Heavy Machine Guns become available then they might be worth taking a look at. That would also include light, heavy, and snub nose PPC to play around with too :D

7. Bad Dragon

Bad Dragon Benefactor

4/5,
    I would rate excellent; however, I feel that the triple MG are not worth using.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast