LCT-3M "The Angry Ankle Biter" (5x SPLas, XL190)
4.75/5,

4 ratings

Thread in 'LCT-3M' started by kaozer, Oct 18, 2013.

1. kaozer

kaozer New Member

(EDITED)
    i had tons of fun with this build and it is very mean against bigger mech's. the only downside is the very short range. but with the XL 190 it is very easy to close into range. the crazy speed is usually enough to avoid any LRM but streaks are quite a danger for it.
    screenshot to proove my build

[​IMG]

second variant with a medium laser giving it a bit more range.

screenshot of a round with the second build:
    [img width=700 height=437]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2...00_43_01_35_by_zuka_zamamee-d6ta7h9.jpg[/img]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

WELCOME TO MECHSPECS!
    Please change title name to LCT-3M, thanks!

Even if I use only 10 DHS it is still WAY better than yours.

[REDACTED]

Please put DHS on it.
    You have to min/max it. DHS is almost always better, single heatsinks are utter crap and is only good if you cannot fit DHS. DO NOT use SHS if you can help it, use DHS.

Below is your build that is updated, only 11 DHS but WAY cooler, and more armor.
    Change yours to DHS and modify it to your taste, and it would be 4-5 stars.

3. Cyanid7

Cyanid7 Active Member

Kaozer shared his build in which HE HAD FUN with a good mindset imho.

No offense, man - but i feel this is not the right tone nor attitude to keep a good athmosphere, especially when new users involved. Not everybody is born with all the mech-build-blessings available, but nobody should be flamed for that.

I´m no Mod, just my personal opinion & 2 cents.

Apart from this, i like you build-suggestion, it may work cool in close quarters combat when high acceleration for corner-peeks and retreats come in place.

4. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Let's all just get along ok? :phear:

5. epikt

epikt Benefactor

enileph is right, you need the double heat sink upgrade to make this work (it true for 99% of the mechs).

I'm a big fan of the SPL on light mechs, but so far on Lucust I try to avoid very close range because of the low armor.
    But I watched a pilot using a similar build with great success.

I suggest you use the 2 tons you'll free with the double HS upgrade to mount 2 AMS:

6. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

Enileph gets a little vehement about his double heat-sinks. Ultimately, 27% cooling isn't the end of the world, especially when you're performing hit-and-run maneuvers. However, he does have a point. Unless you specifically say otherwise, we assume that you've optimized the build as far as you think it can be.

There are a few good examples of how to present your build as an intermediary or penny-pincher build. Fives, the Budget Jenner, and the Beer Budget Generalist are good examples of how to set expectations.

I'd recommend posting a DHS version of the build as the 'primary' build above your existing build.

7. kaozer

kaozer New Member

will put my upgraded variant of this tomorow, and yeah i did forgot to mention i built this on a budjet. now off to bed!

8. epikt

epikt Benefactor

You can edit your first post by clicking on the "modify" button.
    I still prefer the double AMS version, but it's true 5 SPL are hot.

9. Regina Redshift

0.15 free tons is only about 1% of the 'mech's weight, but you could strip some armor out of the head, remove a DHS and put in one AMS.

Regardless of whether you put AMS on or not, I'd balance the armor a bit more forward. Nothing says FU like a light 'mech soaking a Gauss or an AC/20 shot.

10. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Wow, that is a wonderful improvement! I will happily test this out, more on that after the tests! Thanks! :D

PS: I do know that I am sometimes a bit harsh when it comes to some of my comments. Please don't take it personally. I am just trying to help so that most builds here are reasonably optimized.

11. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I don't think that you want to go upclose & personal with a fragile Locust. Recently i am playing a lot Kintaros with Quad/Penta.SSRMs to hunt down little pesky Locusts. With this weaponloadout you are dead within seconds if you get noticed. Any MLas.Build is better than this one.

12. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Well, I was using a mix of MLas and SPLas and it does seem to function ok, though that was 3x MLas 2x SPLas.
    And yes, if you see a streak Kintaro you are DEAD. Was playing with my "Streak n Beam" KTO-18 recently due to the Locust infestation, and it is almost one salvo one kill (sometimes you need a couple more single shots and/or LLas scan).

13. Regina Redshift

The only reason to use the SPLas over the MLas is the beam duration. It's much easier to cut-and-run in a half second than it is after a full second.

14. kaozer

kaozer New Member

thats exactly the idea, ive been running this for a while now and my K/D ratio is 2.20 as i'm typing this. i've mostly been harrassing heavy and assaults with this and avoiding any kind of streak loadout.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whk0s6dich5bkvv/MWOClient 2013-10-17 17-40-57-61.jpg

killed the two thunderbolts the jager a and the dragon that round

15. enileph

enileph Star Lord

My report:
    Runs cooler than the 5x MLas, but the shorter range and faster beam duration does better than expacted, esp in urban warfare. But the short range means that you have to go up close and personal to the enemy mass. It is fine picking off loner, but in a grouped situation the 5x MLas can stay away and fire, while this one will have to risk it a bit to go behind. Bsically it is made for crowded terrain which it excels at, and in open terrain this is much harder to use.

Oh, you NEED anchor run got turns.

I would say this build is better than my initial expactation.

My fav is still 4x MLas, 2x AMS.
    Speaking of which, have you tried 4x SPLas, 2x AMS?

16. kaozer

kaozer New Member

i have my locust mastered so they perform really well, i will try the 4 SPLas 2 AMS tomorow and will come back to see how it goes, i wanna mention that i have swapped out one SPLas for a MED and that works very very well also

17. SrgFlip

SrgFlip New Member

Running the max armor 5 SPLas build and having a blast.

[​IMG]

Conquest:

Assault:

18. kaozer

kaozer New Member

i have been playing it with 2 AMS for the past few hours and as much as i liked being pretty much untouchable by missiles i couldnt get over the lower DPS and higher heat. i have posted a second variant of my build on the original post, i have been just as sucessfull with that build giving me some sort of range. will also post a screenshot of the battle result of the second build tomorow

19. enileph

enileph Star Lord

The good side is, once you finish elite your basic bonus would double, which would definitely help with the heat in this case. (I am still grinding on basic with the LCT-1V though)

I have done some swapping between SPLas and EMLas also, finding that a 2/3 or 3/2 ratio does some wonderful work between duration, range and heat.

20. kaozer

kaozer New Member

i have all my locust elite and i feel that having one less DBL heatsink makes taking out assaults a lot harder since you get to a point where you need to let the mech cool down a bit before inflicting the killing blow. also i have edited Original Post adding a screenshot of the battle result of a match with the second build.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast