LCT-1V "Full Armor" (1x MLas, 4x MG, XL190)

Thread in 'LCT-1V' started by Xetelian, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Xetelian

Xetelian New Member

Just running this bad boy. Does get shot down fast but if you're quick you can pull off a few kills and damage bonuses.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Here's my 2c.

1. Too much ammo before you explode.
    2. 1.5 million c-bills is a bit to waste for DHS.
    3. No equipment to support larger mechs.

so, run some god damn AMS people.

3. Xetelian

Xetelian New Member

I don't run AMS when scouting, I rarely stick around for the LRM boats to see me.

I am using 100% of the slots with DHS and I have the 1,500,000 to spare since I'm like 44 days left of premium and 4 premium mechs like this-1V(p).

The 100% armor is still glass to an ac20 but don't stay in cross hairs for long and you can maneuver.

The real deal here I thought was, in game it says 25 Firepower and that's the best per ton usage of Firepower I've built so far. Since I've yet to crack 76 on my 3 Atlases.

I like the armor against other scout mechs, I kill them faster than they kill me, especially their legs.

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

C'mon make it cheap for all!

or:

Maybe the best build for this Variant. :rolleyes:

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

MPLas instead?

6. PilotSerenity

PilotSerenity Well-Known Member

yes yes i prefer MPLas instead, for more focus damage and besides this is a short-range mech

7. Hellhound

Hellhound New Member

AMS is fun and all but wouldn't you rather prefer stealth instead of giving away your position with ams. For pugs it doesn't seem wurth it. In competitive yh oke that i would understand.

8. Xetelian

Xetelian New Member

I'm trying the MPLas 26firepower on 20 tons is crazy :rolleyes:

still running glass, I don't die from one hit unless its an ac20 or crits on LBXAC10

9. enileph

enileph Star Lord

26firepower?

10. Xetelian

Xetelian New Member

In game it says that. Which seemed cool :p at 20tons

11. Alistar2013

Alistar2013 New Member

If you just do not want to give up any armor on this mech I would suggest:

I prefer not to go with the AMS on this mech due to just how little armor you have. If you are being chased down by a Streak-Taro or similar you aren't going to survive very long most likely.
    I also find 3 tons of MG ammo to be a bit much and more dangerous than useful.

12. focuspark

focuspark Active Member

I've better luck with BAP + Tag for getting the scouting bonuses and RUNNING AWAY! :p

13. MntRunner

MntRunner Junior Member

I've been running this build and it's been my most successful Locust variant. I have switched out the ML for a SPL, primarily for better heat efficiency, faster recharge rate, better focused fire, and because I only engage when I'm within machine gun range anyway. Last night I ended up with nearly 700 damage game with 4 kills and 9 components destroyed. I will admit that two of my kills are a result of sneaking behind enemy lines and dropping an artillery strike on a group of enemies, but that's also part of what makes this mech fun.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast